Pigs in Pa.

Howie

I've read articles about feral pigs in a number of counties in PA. Has anyone here actually seen/killed a feral pig in PA. Not including fenced hunting operation.

Feral is a loaded term. The ones I've seen/heard of being killed were pink oinkers that wandered off a pig farm relatively recently. Never even seen camera pictures of a tusked-hairy pig in PA. Won't be surprised if it happens some day, but given terrain and population densities in most of the state I don't think we could ever go full Texas.

Pigs will never take hold permanently in PA. There are too many hunters and not enough large pieces of property to save them from the wrath of opening day of deer season there....

Give me and a few of my friends 2 inches of fresh snow and they would be in a world of trouble even in the mountains.

Ive killed one, the only one I've ever seen. There was a game farm not far away from me that had escapees starting in the late 90's. I havent heard of anyone seeing one around here in several years.

Pigs will never take hold permanently in PA. There are too many hunters and not enough large pieces of property to save them from the wrath of opening day of deer season there....

Give me and a few of my friends 2 inches of fresh snow and they would be in a world of trouble even in the mountains.
Time will tell.
Texas is all private and they have more than a problem with feral hogs. Hogs are smart and have a great sense of smell. Better eradicate them before they get ahold in Penn.

I'm with mallard on this one. Not a chance. Almost 700,000 people head to the hills on opening day of deer season in PA. There is nowhere to hide even with the best senses. Run from one group of hunters right into another.

Just a thought, if tons of hunters cover every inch of our forests here and could exterminate every sounder of hogs. How is it we find huge racks and 700 lb. bear every year?

Just a thought, if tons of hunters cover every inch of our forests here and could exterminate every sounder of hogs. How is it we find huge racks and 700 lb. bear every year?
You know the answer to your question.
500,000 are lazy and don’t go more than 200 yards from the truck or 4 wheelers. 🤣 which is fine with me.

Because there few and far between. Cause Pennsylvania boys shoot anything legal then bitch about small bucks. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back