Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pigeons- they gotta go

birds aren't real

I don't think a bb gun is effective control (see use enough gun thread)...probably 12ga with #11 TSS

OK real answer. Pellet gun would be effective for backyard birds but neighbors may have issue so baiting and trapping may be necessary however I'll assume removal of many will just give room for more. FWIW I shot a couple pigeons last year miles from town and they were full of bird seed. Maybe talk to neighbors about not having bird feeders.

The rural pigeons I've killed all tasted good though your friends will question your sanity.

If you can find where they roost and it is not terribly high up then you can go at night with head lamp and long handled nets to just scoop them up.

Good luck eating city pigeons, yuk.
I used 22 cd's. a subsonic short, but they still make a little bit a crack.
If you're worried abt laws and being reported, you are better off using a pellet gun
as opposed to a round that it propelled by powder. Easier to fight in court.

A friend used paintball, but had trouble finding water filled as opposed to paint filled projectiles

Some good advice here. I live pretty close to some big dairy operations and ag fields so even though this is the suburbs, I think these are farm pigeons. Still don’t know if I want to eat them.

Some good advice here. I live pretty close to some big dairy operations and ag fields so even though this is the suburbs, I think these are farm pigeons. Still don’t know if I want to eat them.
You could claim hardship via covid and had to resort to eating pigeons to survive...notsure they'd buy tht tho

Question, will there be a life hunt thread?

Can you report back on various methods of take.

G*damn, if Butte isn't one of the finest towns in America.
True Butte has some fine folks living there. I say this jokingly but I am poking fun at Butte folks just giving them a hard time. If God had to give the world an Enema, Butte is where he would do it!! you have to admit that's funny! For those that do not know Butte has an enormous circular shaped mining pit hole from years and years ago that is now closed. I mean this sucker is huge! Kinda like a ginormous sphincter. Berkely pit is about 1 MILE long and 1/2 MILE wide and 1780 Feet deep! It was opened in 1955.

Last edited:
I’d probably check on local ordinances before you start whatever method you choose.

I have a friend in Sedona who relishes shooting pigeons with his silenced 22 cal pellet rifle. He's in his late 60's and is as blood thirsty as a 12 y.o. He baits them into his backyard for most shots, however, his wife tells me she has caught him going over neighbors fences to retrieve the evidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back