Yeti GOBOX Collection

Pie Town, Life is Good.

Well, I now have another item on my 3rd rifle elk season to-do list. Maybe I find a bull. Maybe not. At least I can be reasonably certain I’ll find a slice of pie I’ll enjoy!

I’ve stopped in PT and eaten some fine tasting pie when I’ve been out there hunting, but did not realize there was a cafe that had green chili cheeseburgers in PT. I’ve always looked forward to eating those at the Largo in Quemado, but don’t even know if that place is any good or even open anymore. I’ll be out there in a month for a hunt and will definitely try it. Thanks for the post.

My daughter and I were out scouting her unit this weekend and stopped by Pie Town on the way home. The kitchen closed at 4, so we arrived a little late for dinner. No problem, since they had quite a variety of pies to choose from. We had blueberry, chocolate, apple and brought some back home for brownie points with the wife. Sorry I didn't take photos, I'm horrible about forgetting to take photos. I did leave Hank 4 Elk a present with Starr! Thanks for the great post Hank.

My daughter and I were out scouting her unit this weekend and stopped by Pie Town on the way home. The kitchen closed at 4, so we arrived a little late for dinner. No problem, since they had quite a variety of pies to choose from. We had blueberry, chocolate, apple and brought some back home for brownie points with the wife. Sorry I didn't take photos, I'm horrible about forgetting to take photos. I did leave Hank 4 Elk a present with Starr! Thanks for the great post Hank.
I just finished a to go GCCB and have very berry pie. No Starr today @ The Pie Shop.
Yeah,short hrs but worth it. The Pie-O-Neer is only open Thurs. Fri. Sat. 11-5,or til no pies...? I should find out hrs.

Went down to Reverse this morning before the PT stop. Greenest I've seen it in years,with tons of wildflowers. Lot's of washouts around the county. Apache Creek flooded good. Tanks & dry lakes full.

Arrived at the mill to settle my lumber bill. "Just missed Jimmy",Hilda said. His wife & mayor of Reserve.
We talked about the good rains and all and then she basicly said "Jimmy said your all settled up". Huh?
"Well, you gave him that elk tag,he said your paid up". She shook her head when I insisted on paying and get a bill....nope. LOL.
We talked life for a bit then I drove to PT. She has some great hunting stories. She told me Ella's has closed due to owner having problems getting help. Hopefully not for good. That would be a shame.

I just finished a to go GCCB and have very berry pie. No Starr today @ The Pie Shop.
Yeah,short hrs but worth it. The Pie-O-Neer is only open Thurs. Fri. Sat. 11-5,or til no pies...? I should find out hrs.

Went down to Reverse this morning before the PT stop. Greenest I've seen it in years,with tons of wildflowers. Lot's of washouts around the county. Apache Creek flooded good. Tanks & dry lakes full.

Arrived at the mill to settle my lumber bill. "Just missed Jimmy",Hilda said. His wife & mayor of Reserve.
We talked about the good rains and all and then she basicly said "Jimmy said your all settled up". Huh?
"Well, you gave him that elk tag,he said your paid up". She shook her head when I insisted on paying and get a bill....nope. LOL.
We talked life for a bit then I drove to PT. She has some great hunting stories. She told me Ella's has closed due to owner having problems getting help. Hopefully not for good. That would be a shame.

Hank4elk what’s the name of the place that has the green chili cheeseburgers? Is it the Pie O Neer or the Pie Shop? Trying to plan on getting there in time to try one. It’s going to be on a Wednesday and I’m hoping they are open.

Hank4elk what’s the name of the place that has the green chili cheeseburgers? Is it the Pie O Neer or the Pie Shop? Trying to plan on getting there in time to try one. It’s going to be on a Wednesday and I’m hoping they are open.
The Pie Shop. Has breakfast & lunch plus pies. Burgers,BLT's & Clubsammy. Wed.-Sun. 9am til 5pm or so.

Hank, do you get paid for these comments. I think everyone on the forum that drew a Gila tag will stop in there.

I kicking my butt that I passed threw Pie Town 2 weeks ago and did not stop for pie!

The term about to get "real western" came to my mind this afternoon. Is that Duval? Or Eastman?

About 3pm it darkened up, then opened up. Poured for 2 hrs. Never had so many close lightning strikes around me. Power on & off. The whole valley floor rumbled. Saw strikes bounce on the ground...
Poor Rio wanted out, to hide.Tried to get under my bed....he's still in there. Somewhere.

I can see lakes in the valley now. Flooded flat spots. Streams flowing. News said flood potential when it came back on...lol
Still raining lightly.

3 days of heavy predicted,then next week.
Mud Pies in Pie Town!

Hank, do you get paid for these comments. I think everyone on the forum that drew a Gila tag will stop in there.

I kicking my butt that I passed threw Pie Town 2 weeks ago and did not stop for pie!
Haaaaah, hell nooooooooooooo. And I have no firm opine on the Chambers of Whores either...lol

I just know 90% of visits stem from our Public Lands. 90% of the income one way or another in this huge county.

I saw this post last Thursday and mentioned it to my wife. Friday afternoon we headed to Pie Town from our cabin in Alpine. The time change almost got us, but we made it by 4:30. We enjoyed the drive and the green Chile/apple pie and ice cream. Thanks for posting!

It was good. This comes from a guy that has his own bakery where we make thousands of apple pies a year. The apples and ice cream take the heat out of the green chilies. If you get a chance, try it.

It was good. This comes from a guy that has his own bakery where we make thousands of apple pies a year. The apples and ice cream take the heat out of the green chilies. If you get a chance, try it.
I believe one version has pine nuts in it too. Very good.

Super intrigued about Pie Town now. Looks like dad and I will be eating plenty of pie during my unit 12 archery hunt this September!!

my daughter and I hit up the Pie-o-neer today, pumpkin for her and New Mexico apple pie for me. Delicious! The green chiles and pinion nuts made the pie very unique! Picked up a peach pie from the Pie Shop for tomorrow. My niece has a bull tag we are helping out with, now if we can just find a bull!

Attachments

• 1637466946480.jpeg
    1637466946480.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back