b300d422.jpg

7e7759a2.jpg

550a5f32.jpg

c6dac4f5.jpg

2aea5c2c.jpg

f3dbeee3.jpg

41e44991.jpg

fed0ec25.jpg

Damn, I was worried your camera broke, a bear ate you, or you got pissed at us. As always, cool pics of some amazing country and some great fishing. Thanks for sharing.

Great shots man and great rainbows and bear! Now you need to add Dall Sheep with a bow to your resume!

Thanks for the comments all.
There are a lot of good times and good memories here. Sharing a pint of whiskey by the fire after a 14 hour day in waders. Chasing bou all over the north slope. Watching my good friend arrow his first bear in the shadows of McKinley, at 24 yards. Rainbows so hungry and fat that they spill all over your hand when you lift them up.

Fishing season was 2x what I hoped it would be, but this hunting season has kind of fizzled out with not much action. Low on money, and low on time, makes fishing a simpler endeavor than hunting sadly.

To answer some questions: The bou hunt is from the haul road. A great time, a great adventure. We could have easily put down the bows and grabbed rifles and come home with meat. But we were having so much damn fun, we couldn't do it.
The bear; my buddies first. Ever. It's a FAT little sow. I had to filet 4" of fat off her back just to see the backstraps. Cutting blind most of the time. Spot and stalk from a mile out. Closed to 24 yards and Joes bowtech drilled her hard. She barely made it 5 yards before laying down. Walked in, Joe put another arrow in her from 2 yards when she lifted her head, and that was that.
The fish, all Parks highway fishing. No secret there.

Got a lot more pictures that I wished had turned out, because I want to share them. The northern lights, from 20 miles south of Deadhorse. It was COLD and dark, but damn it was fantastic, sitting on the tailgate watching them light up the whole sky, with them right above you.

So thanks again for the nice comments.

Doesn't ge tany better than that and the fish just got bigger in ever picture. Congrats and thanks!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back