Picture wall ideas?

MITCHMO

I’m wondering if anyone has any good ideas for a picture wall for a collection of hunting photos? I’m thinking of hanging a 3x6 ft ish size panel with some trim on the wall and just sort of covering it in pictures. I’d like to start putting my kids pics up especially. We have so many pictures scattered across phones and computers I need to just printing them out and put them to use. How do you all display your hunting and fishing pics at home?

I’m wondering if anyone has any good ideas for a picture wall for a collection of hunting photos? I’m thinking of hanging a 3x6 ft ish size panel with some trim on the wall and just sort of covering it in pictures. I’d like to start putting my kids pics up especially. We have so many pictures scattered across phones and computers I need to just printing them out and put them to use. How do you all display your hunting and fishing pics at home?
If you have a bunch, I like your simple idea of a panel and pin them up. If you want to go larger, I have seen some cool walls that are full of the canvas prints. You could also look into photo books, from places like vistaprint, to put on your coffee table.

If you have a bunch, I like your simple idea of a panel and pin them up. If you want to go larger, I have seen some cool walls that are full of the canvas prints. You could also look into photo books, from places like vistaprint, to put on your coffee table.
Those photo books are pretty cool. I think my wife uses Shutterfly for them.

I've quit hunting with people for taking that many pictures. Is this a photo shoot or a hunt?
Im always disappointed in my lack of pictures it seems like. My buddy has a garage that’s his “man cave” and he has them stuck all over. Lots of old family pics. It’s like information overload when you see it. Pretty neat to pick your way through the pics. It’s always fun when you “make the wall” and get your picture up there.

I did this montage for 2019 Africa trip photos. The centre decal was designed with Corel PhotoPaint program and printed on a sheet of Avery sticky-back paper. The centerpiece plaque originally said something about family. I bought the frame at a second hand store for a couple of bucks. Walmart sells similar ones.20200311_144948.jpg

I did this montage for 2019 Africa trip photos. The centre decal was designed with Corel PhotoPaint program and printed on a sheet of Avery sticky-back paper. The centerpiece plaque originally said something about family. I bought the frame at a second hand store for a couple of bucks. Walmart sells similar ones.View attachment 217477
I've done something similar to this with some of my hunts. My Sister is good at calligraphy and she put dates and places on some of them. IMO your center decal is too big and bright and dominates the collage.

Here's the ones that I have...

Fs1UWNcm.jpg
bWClTzxm.jpg

I've done something similar to this with some of my hunts. My Sister is good at calligraphy and she put dates and places on some of them. IMO your center decal is too big and bright and dominates the collage.

Fs1UWNcm.jpg
bWClTzxm.jpg
Yeah, that decal is a bit much but I had to cover over the cheezy blurb that was painted on the plaque. I might make my own montage for the African trip last year although buying the frames individually gets kinda pricey. For a couple of bucks it was worth a shot as prototype. Turned out better than expected.

Memories are great and I find pics always re-kindle the events.

Visited wealthy buddy who travels the world for hunt/fish, etc excursions and he has flat panels, thinner than framed pictures along areas of his castle of a place. These screens flip pics, change to collages, intermixed with silent (or audible) videos, etc...
Futuristic for my budget though it was amazing to see a few videos/pics of our adventures in an amazing presentation. Awesome memories of our trek from Alaska ---> South America on enduros, etc! Was really fun to see pics and videos.

How do you all display your hunting and fishing pics at home?

I gifted a great friend who suffered (nature of hunts with me - haha!) a hunt into the Bob Marshall, a panoramic photo of him at one side, with his pack on, as he surveyed a massive open-spans view.

I shadow boxed it and converted the photo onto canvas. Turned amazing! He has it along a wide length wall and as much of a challenge the adventure was, he comments on the amazing views.

It was a piece of cake via Costco online.

From calendars, to mentioned above, great options available!

Fs1UWNcm.jpg
bWClTzxm.jpg
Gad, my whole house doesn't have that much wall space. Very nice. Did she do the matting too?

Memories are great and I find pics always re-kindle the events.

Visited wealthy buddy who travels the world for hunt/fish, etc excursions and he has flat panels, thinner than framed pictures along areas of his castle of a place. These screens flip pics, change to collages, intermixed with silent (or audible) videos, etc...
Futuristic for my budget though it was amazing to see a few videos/pics of our adventures in an amazing presentation. Awesome memories of our trek from Alaska ---> South America on enduros, etc! Was really fun to see pics and videos.

I gifted a great friend who suffered (nature of hunts with me - haha!) a hunt into the Bob Marshall, a panoramic photo of him at one side, with his pack on, as he surveyed a massive open-spans view.

I shadow boxed it and converted the photo onto canvas. Turned amazing! He has it along a wide length wall and as much of a challenge the adventure was, he comments on the amazing views.

It was a piece of cake via Costco online.

From calendars, to mentioned above, great options available!
I like this idea. I didn’t even know that was a Costco thing. I’ll look into it. I’ll try to revert back at some point with some pics of what I end up with. Still working to get things finished up. I’ve got a small room off the main hallway I’m putting all my hunting stuff in and on the wall outside, I wanted to have the picture wall. Now to build the reloading bench :)
824EAE6E-361F-4527-A684-DA10940D75A4.jpeg

I like this idea. I didn’t even know that was a Costco thing. I’ll look into it. I’ll try to revert back at some point with some pics of what I end up with. Still working to get things finished up. I’ve got a small room off the main hallway I’m putting all my hunting stuff in and on the wall outside, I wanted to have the picture wall. Now to build the reloading bench :)
View attachment 217527
What finish are you putting on that pine? I recommend Varathane water-based latex. I usually use Diamond interior but can't seem to get it now except in exterior (exterior finishes are usually pretty smelly). I bought a small can of their "Professional" stuff the other day and it seems okay. Latex finish will not yellow like oil base or no finish. Okay, pine is always going to yellow some but not as much with that finish. It blocks UV light. Do what you can to keep the wood looking like it is now. Latex will keep that room bright. Very nice. Also, the latex stuff doesn't smell like oil, it's non toxic, and very quick drying. This stuff goes on looking kinda bluish but dries clear unless layered on too thick. Good job.

What finish are you putting on that pine? I recommend Varathane water-based latex. I usually use Diamond interior but can't seem to get it now except in exterior (exterior finishes are usually pretty smelly). I bought a small can of their "Professional" stuff the other day and it seems okay. Latex finish will not yellow like oil base or no finish. Okay, pine is always going to yellow some but not as much with that finish. It blocks UV light. Do what you can to keep the wood looking like it is now. Latex will keep that room bright. Very nice. Also, the latex stuff doesn't smell like oil, it's non toxic, and very quick drying. This stuff goes on looking kinda bluish but dries clear unless layered on too thick. Good job.
That’s all prefinished. Our new house had a bunch already so we wanted to match it. I do need to finish a bunch of other wood tho so I’ll look into it. I was concerned about the yellowing so I’m happy to hear there’s a good option out there.

For the canvas, print and frames, etc...

A friend had a few placed on metal, really liked them!

Anyhow from this main page, the tabs above route you to the various options. It didn't take long to receive... I don't recall for certain, I may have p/u the canvas at Costco store, though I could be mistaken.

My Sister In Law (new fantastic mom) made all the family members a 2022 calendar for 2021 Christmas. I didn't think something of that nature would capture me though it was really enjoyable flipping the pages.

Gad, my whole house doesn't have that much wall space. Very nice. Did she do the matting too?
The two main floors of my house don't have that much free wall space either. That's why I those in the stairwell. Thirty some years ago I had all of my mounts in my living room and new wife didn't like that, so I built a two story addition to my house with the top level a 1,000 sf Trophy Room that became the home for all of the mounts that I had in the living room, and I thought that I had plenty of wall space to spare. The lower lever of that addition is only 4' into the ground and in it I made two large bedrooms for her kids, a family room, a walk-in closet, and a bath and a half.

Problem was I had great views from that room so I put in too many windows. Ten years after I built that addition, that wife and her kids were gone which left me with the time and money to go on hunts that I had only dreamed about, and enough wall space (I thought) for all of my new mounts. Wrong! Now, all of the artwork and pictures that I used to have on my living and trophy room walls have been replaced with mounts of the real critters, the living room is again filled with mounts and I am looking at a major remodel there. With the filling up of all of my wall space, I now have eight pedestal mounts in my trophy room and three pedestal mounts in my living room.

With my planned remodel of my living room and relocation of a few mounts there, I'll then have enough wall space for the full mount cougar that my taxidermist just finished (and is temporarily leaning up against my fireplace), the full mount Alaskan grizzly bear that is being mounted now, and hopefully enough new wall space for an Alberta moose that I just booked a hunt for, and a few other critters including those that my taxidermist has that are waiting to be mounted.

The frames with the matting came that way from Wall Mart. I think they were in the $10 range.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back