pics of sticks

Pup

SeldomEver,

Sorry that it took me so long to get the pics on the shooting sticks.

fbb7a56f.jpg

fbb7a560.jpg

fbb8245d.jpg

Those are pretty cool

I have a question.
whats the advantage of sticks over bipods and vice versa?

Delw

Those are nice pup,what did you make them out of ?

I have 3 different sets from pronghorn bipods that I got off e-bay,sitting,standing,and prone.Yours look cammoed ?

The advantages are really personal preference. I didn't like the thought of having to buy a set for each gun or bother with attaching and reattaching.

The areas that I hunt you are not for sure where they are going to decide to show up and moving this set up in tight cover is easier than an attached bipods, which will get caught up in the briars if that is where you have to sit.
These are light weight, easily and quickly adjustable, can be used to swat at your buddy, cross electric fences, back scratchers, and they are not that expensive, if you are in the habit of forgeting things.

My buddy has a set of the fold up style, they cost him a dog as they got stuck in the mud, as he moved they came apart, cuss cuss wasn't pretty.

These are easy to make, if you want to take the time.
I use fiberglass rod and fuel line, put a couple of splits in the fuel line and slide in the rods,a little camo paint and your ready. I sand/scuff the rods so the paint will stay longer.
If you don't want to spend the time, give me a holler, $20. a set or $30 a pair, plus shipping.

later pup

Was just curious. one advangetage I was is that you can have one set of sticks and it can work for different heights, Thats pretty cool...

I use harris bypods and have quite a few of them(one for almost every varmit gun I have) in different hieghts. If i had to do it over i would get the sticks..
Delw

The sticks are made by Stoney Point and are available through Cabellas, among others.. The are really handy for Antelope hunting.. I think.. Haven't had a tag in so long, I don't really remember...

cool.gif

Greenside,

Yeah, I sure am. Rich Higgins turned me on to it. I have had alot of luck since using it. Misting is not a cure all, but it does work as they were saying a "confuser". I have had some prolonged encounters since using it. Had a coyote sit down, downwind. I am convinced.

later pup

I use the fuel line, I put two slits about 1" apart and slide the rod in. The gun is protected totally by the hose.

Hello Pup Havent talked to you for a long time I hope your call is getting as much use as the sticks you gave me the last time you wear in AZ. My son and I love them. Kevin Maker of K-Kalls

Pup Sticks are the Shniz Bit! Great for walking stick, swing your ass pad from them while you walk and if the come in fast, just let em drop.2 Pairs here in Nevada and still going strong. PS , They work great for jabbing your hunting partners ass when you walk behind them to stand. I also have a Harris 25s model bipod. It just sits ontop of the gun safe. Wish i would have never bought it. But wont sell it because as soon as i do, I'll want it back. Always works out that way. Here is a pic of my Pup Stick in action.

fc8d68be.jpg

Here's how I did mine...

fbd04b83.jpg

Then I covered the webbing, and the length of the sticks with camo tape.
The bands can be rolled up or down, giving a wider or narrower base.

Jeff
wave1.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-09-2003 23:23: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]</font>

I do mine like Krusty except I use black surgical tubing on top and slide some bigger tubing down on the sticks for a hinge. Works great for fitting a certain rifle to the sticks, and the tubing on top folds flat enough to where it doesnt inter fere with looking thru the scope,and it grips the rifle well so you can stand it up alone in tripod style without fear of it falling over.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I am glad that you like them. I have to agree on the letting them fall, which is why I didn't have the tube over the top. I went through the mental anguish of that one. hahahaa..

Nasa,

You can e-mail me.
or,
Jim McGill
Rt. 2 Box 50
Seminole, Ok.

E-mail me with your ph# and I'll give ya a call.

later pup

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back