Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Pics and more pics...

Had some bluebirds nest in the box we put up last spring...clutch of 7 fledged a couple weeks ago. They're all still hanging around and have all made it so far.

Starting to really get their colors:

IMG_20200718_173118439.jpg

IMG_20200718_171734581.jpg

A little backstory. My youngest is just not as naturally gifted at sports as his older brother. However, last August he said he wanted to try out for the local travel baseball team. I was proud of his initiative, but I knew he would not make the "A" team as it was loaded with good players and the roster had been the same for 2 years. This year they decided to have a "B" team which he made and I was asked to be the head coach of. Season started off weird due to the COVID circumstances and we were less than stellar on the field the first few games/tournaments. However, the kids improved and I feel like they had fun doing it! Yesterday closed out that season for this year. GREAT bunch of kids that I hope keep following my 3 main rules: Listen, Try Hard, Have Fun.

There’s a forest fire south of the cabin I’m staying in , and the wind switched and blew the smoke in over the lake last evening, Sitting and having a glass of wine with my wife and then out of the corner of her eye, oh look, she said , the setting sun just broke through the smoke , WOW was all I could think , ran to the lake to take a pic , looked at it , that doesn’t do I thought, ran to the cabin fast as I could , grabbed my binos and hauled ass back closer to the lake and got some shots through the binos , within minutes it was gone , best pic of a sun set I ever got

the 1st pic without the binos
DAA94002-DBB5-4981-852F-C28A7DBF5F04.jpeg

the Bino pic , this pic was not altered or changed in my settings . It just how it turned out , I’m gonna get it blown up in size and framed when I get home
7302AC49-3293-4566-9412-715D825D6749.jpeg

neither of these pictures captured how bright and dark red the sun set actually was.

View attachment 148600After 33 years in Oregon , I finally made it to Crater Lake , did a short hike from a pull out view point to have lunch and a beer in quiet , it’s pretty spectacular to see , definitely worth a one time trip over here , lots of places to hike
View attachment 148601

Looks like you have good brew and good company. I'd love to see it, and Mt St Helen's again.

Looks like you have good brew and good company. I'd love to see it, and Mt St Helen's again.

Pelican Brewing has been my go to this summer for beer , and she is good company, I finally took my deer hunting partner
C487BB20-8274-4B14-A88D-CDAB2ABCA4B6.jpeg

up on the mountain last Saturday and put a ring on it . It only took about 5 years to get there . Ha ha ha
9BB192DD-2C19-4F32-9727-8B401F0F5F54.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brady1988
Back