Pics and more pics...

View attachment 148600After 33 years in Oregon , I finally made it to Crater Lake , did a short hike from a pull out view point to have lunch and a beer in quiet , it’s pretty spectacular to see , definitely worth a one time trip over here , lots of places to hike
View attachment 148601

One of the prettiest lakes I’ve ever been around...we’d always camp/fish over at Diamond but would day trip it over to Crater for hiking as well. Brings back lots of summertime memories right there! And nothing wrong with some Pelican to celebrate it👍🏻

Looks like you were in my neck of the woods. I haven't been to Crater Lake in 10 years, I need to get back up there. Did you do any fishing in Diamond? I hear the trout are running pretty big up there now days.

601nou3.jpg

Ermine IS a weasel. It is one of three weasels that turn white in the winter. Least weasel (Mustela nivalis), Ermine (aka short-tailed weasel or stoat, M. erminea), and the Long-tailed weasel (M. frenata) all turn white.

Mammalogy class concludes for the day... :)
Thank you for clearing that up. I’ve only ever seen a few and have never been sure of which I was looking at. I just last year saw the first I’ve ever seen in eastern central Wyoming, and wasn’t sure we had them in the area until then.

Thank you for clearing that up. I’ve only ever seen a few and have never been sure of which I was looking at. I just last year saw the first I’ve ever seen in eastern central Wyoming, and wasn’t sure we had them in the area until then.

If you learn weasel tracks you will start noticing how abundant they can be when you are out after a light snow. Leasts, in particular, can be ridiculously abundant yet nearly invisible.

Someone once said, more or less, "if weasels were as big as golden retrievers, humans would be extinct."

Cool animals, but stone cold killers.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back