MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Pickup of the Future?

Looks like the charging desert that is Wyoming is finally getting some non-Tesla DC fast chargers installed. Here’s an Electrify America one going in at the Smiths in Evanston. They also have plans to put one at the Kroger-City Market in Rawlins, Target in Cheyenne, Target in Casper and Smiths in Gillette. Has anyone in those cities seen any recent construction in those parking lots?

D607C245-C072-43AB-ACA2-0E6EF0820666.jpeg

I can’t argue with that. I was up in Grand forks in march and it was -20 and the people up there were acting like it was a heatwave. Lol
If that was in the middle of our 50 below snap...it was a heatwave! Should've been here for our April Blizzards. Spring aint no slouch either.

Future is starting to look uncertain.

They are shipping trucks at a good pace right now, and that (combined with quality and service) will be the long term stock price driver. Folks cashing out after lockup will have a short term impact IMO and doesn’t reflect long term viability. It was way overpriced at $75 IPO price. I think it’s probably a decent buy below $25 which it hit today. I think we’ll continue to see a lot of volatility on it for the next 12-24 months as each piece of news causes overreactions in the market to fill the void of not having a real track record of deliveries and financials to drive things.

I spoke to the Ford dealership in Cheyenne and they had 36 reservations for a lightning. They were getting 1 of the 2022 models. The rest were getting pushed to 23 models.

They are shipping trucks at a good pace right now, and that (combined with quality and service) will be the long term stock price driver. Folks cashing out after lockup will have a short term impact IMO and doesn’t reflect long term viability. It was way overpriced at $75 IPO price. I think it’s probably a decent buy below $25 which it hit today. I think we’ll continue to see a lot of volatility on it for the next 12-24 months as each piece of news causes overreactions in the market to fill the void of not having a real track record of deliveries and financials to drive things.
I saw a couple on the road on Saturday during a run up to Duluth and back. They are out there in the wild now. It will be interesting, but I'm not buying.

I spoke to the Ford dealership in Cheyenne and they had 36 reservations for a lightning. They were getting 1 of the 2022 models. The rest were getting pushed to 23 models.
Wow! Given the lack of public high speed charging infrastructure in WY, that’s a bit surprising. I see the Electrify America station in Gillette is now operational. But the ones in Evanston, Rawlins, Cheyenne and Casper are still in various stages of construction. Evanston appears to be the closest of those to opening. Hopefully soon since I just got notice today that my truck is being built and should be delivered in the next few weeks. Evanston charger is critical for my regular commutes between UT and WY.

Wow! Given the lack of public high speed charging infrastructure in WY, that’s a bit surprising. I see the Electrify America station in Gillette is now operational. But the ones in Evanston, Rawlins, Cheyenne and Casper are still in various stages of construction. Evanston appears to be the closest of those to opening. Hopefully soon since I just got notice today that my truck is being built and should be delivered in the next few weeks. Evanston charger is critical for my regular commutes between UT and WY.
For me I will primarily be home charging but I have been scoping out places to charge. Hat 6 in Casper has a nice setup and I like schlotzsky's so that's an easy one if heading North. Another good one is in Wellington at the station right on the interstate. I am sure there will be all sorts of demand from summer tourist so the stations will pop up quickly in tourist areas and Interstates.

I'm curious to see if there ends up being these trucks with huge batteries or generators to charge stranded EV's in Wyoming as it has to happen between wind hurting range, stations closed and no close alternatives, driving up mountain passes taking range, etc..

That has to be a good feeling knowing you are close.

I reserved in May of 2021, and am #6 in line in Cheyenne. But they basically told me it was going to be a long while so I am planning for another year of waiting. Hopefully it won't take that long.

The pickup of my future has 2 batteries. I use them to start the Diesel engine…

View attachment 221224

Does your futuristic pick up have a shitty-never-working-no-good tailgate push button that you have to press 20 f'n times for the tailgate to open even though you've already taken it to the futuristic POS dealership twice? I'm not frustrated, you're frustrated.

Looks like the charging desert that is Wyoming is finally getting some non-Tesla DC fast chargers installed. Here’s an Electrify America one going in at the Smiths in Evanston. They also have plans to put one at the Kroger-City Market in Rawlins, Target in Cheyenne, Target in Casper and Smiths in Gillette. Has anyone in those cities seen any recent construction in those parking lots?

View attachment 217455
So are there any Lululemon stores under construction nearby? Possibly laser hair removal shops planned for the adjacent areas?

Back