Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Picked Up the .257 Wby Mag Today

This rifle is the definition of labor of love. It's with a smith now getting the chamber polished, hopefully solves an extraction issue.

..to be continued;)
I would bet it needs to have the bolt handle timed. It’s amazing how well it works when properly timed.
I bet it’s an RR action?

I was on Weatherby's sight yesterday.
Was thinking about a 7mm Weatherby. Then noticed they only come with a 1:10 twist.

I don't feel like i'd be "settling" if i got a .257 Weatherby instead.

Vx5HD 3x15.

It's a lovely critter getter buddy. Nicely done with the tinkering too! You've really come a long way from your factory default. ;)

Dang, "That's a beaut, Ken."

I have a Remington CDL, just like that one, in a .257 Weatherby, though not as tricked and slick as @noharleyyet has done with his. Mine also has a Leupold on it, a VX-7, and a few hundred rounds of ammo just sitting in the ammo locker. I've had the trigger adjusted. I've shot two antelope and two deer with it.

Not sure what I plan to do with it. It doesn't seem right to leave it in the vault, but I could say that about many of my rifles. I've been going through the vault and parceling out many of my rifles that don't get the use they deserve. Been some good deals to family and friends. Ken's thread got me thinking about what to do with mine.

If a local Hunt Talker was interested, the price would be very attractive, so long as you promised to hunt with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back