Pheasant Breast

Guy

Last night's meal was fresh pheasant breast, cooked in the sous vide for 45 min at 145. Coated in olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and thyme. Then seared in a hot skillet for a couple of minutes. Accompanied by rice, tomato and zucchini.

5WJHvU4h.jpg

Ya, it was pretty doggone good. Thank you Maverick!

Guy

Looks good! Sounds like you have yourself a wingman.

Did you deep fry or grilled it ?

Cooked with the sous vide device, then finished in a hot skillet. Made the same thing night before last, only a little nicer, since Mama was home.

If you're not familiar with sous vide, it's basically just a water bath. Put the pheasant breasts in plastic bags with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary leaves, thyme. Heat to 145 degrees for 45 min to an hour. Remove from the bath, and sear briefly on each side for color & finishing. There's all sorts of recipe info online for sous vide cooking. I've been doing antelope with it as well. Here's mine "in action." The sous vide device is just the white cylinder looking thing, most any ol' pot can be used:

eFCQK6hh.jpg

f5usy4vh.jpg

A big advantage is how moist the meat remains, and that the meat almost can't be over-cooked.

A side advantage is that the sous vide device and the pot don't get dirty - they're only touched by the hot water. Cleanup is a breeze. I've only had mine for a month or so, it was recommended by a chef who is a friend of mine. He figured it would be a great thing for me, since we cook a lot of wild game meat. He was right. Mine is by Joule, another popular choice is the Anova.

The sous vide does all the cooking - it heats and circulates the water. The pot is just sitting on my stove for convenience, the burner isn't on.

Regards, Guy

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back