Pensacola Area Charters?

1_pointer

I am going to be in Pensacola, FL the first week of August with the family. Does anyone have fishing charters they would recommend? Would be for min 4 people, with two being under 13yo. My brief research and a peek at the pocketbook indicates that we'll be looking at inshore options, which is more than fine.

Love that area! Can't help with charters as we stayed on the beach.

We fished with Sean Cramer with Shallow Water Expeditions and would fish with him again in a heartbeat.

What fish are you looking to target?

As an addition to stretch your budget, you can fish from the shore at Ft. Pickens. Not a fan of fishing from the high piers but you can be successful from the beach fishing at Pensacola Pass. Fall is particularly good at the pass. Renting kayaks would open up a good bit in backwaters around Escambia Bay but don't try to get out in the bay both for boating traffic and it can get rough in a hurry.

Good luck!

Thanks for all of the info and suggestions! I'll start doing some digging into these.

As for a target, the boys would be very excited to see a shark, no matter the species or size, boated. But, the main target for me is to do something other than lay pool/beach side and baste my skin and marinate my liver...

Captian Tommy Carter out of Destin. I have fished with him a half dozen times over the years. Also sent several friends. Never heard of anything but great fishing. He is a retired school teacher. He fished summers, weekends and holidays when he was still teaching. His boat is the Blue Runner II.

We just reserved a rental in Gulf Shores, AL for August 8-15. I've been doing the same thing myself...looking at an inshore trip. I'd end up being the only one though, as the boys are too young to go. Good luck down there. I'll be crabbing off the dock at the house we rented, and fishing from it in Mobile bay. I'll probably do some surf fishing as well if the beach isn't too crowded.

Back