Pellet Grill/Smoker

idnative1948

I read all the threads about pellet grills, but most were from 2017-2018. Before I *pull the trigger*, has anybody purchased one lately? Just wondering if any upgrades for 2019 over previous years and any of the brands that really stand out over the last couple of years.

Please check out green mountain grills, I am very impressed with mine. Well made and easy to use after St pattys I bought a bunch of clearance corned beef and made my own pastrami #18 did not last long should have bought more. Finally made beef ribs out of this world20190105_192525.jpg

My Dad just bought a pit boss and he loves using that thing!

I researched the chit out of those things and decide to get a REC TEC.

I liked the first one I got so much (I bought a Bull 700) that I bought a 2nd one (Stampede 590) for our lake house.

So far I've been very happy with them and they get really good reviews for the Customer Service, although I haven't needed any support yet.

I don't think you can go wrong with any.

I have a Traeger, as I got it for Christmas. But I think your paying for the name with Traeger, like Yeti.

I was gonna buy a Camp Chef before I got the Traeger for Christmas. But most of the brands I've seen all look pretty good.

I recently purchased a Camp Chef Pursuit. Absolutely love it. Plenty big for my family and super portable. Awesome for camping or on the patio. Can do 4 racks of ribs, 16 burgers, 2 chickens, or one turkey. Priced right and high quality. I have two Camp Chef smokers and am impressed by their quality. I've heard great things about Green Mountain as well.

Does anyone know anything about Grilla Grills? I was looking at the Silverback. This sorta feels like buying a new gun... there are SOOO many options and all of them are better than what I have.

My Pit Boss does everything I need but were I a serious smoker I'd go Rec Tec.

Cue up the thread lamenting the good old days when we grilled on round briquette grills while wearing our bell bottom blue jeans, smoking a Virginia Slim and drinking a Miller Lite.
I still use the round briquette and drink the Miller lite. Does that count?

I have a Rec Tec and love it. They have amazing customer service and they are much higher quality than similar priced grills like Traegar. Like previously mentioned, Traegar is the Harley-Davidson of grills. You pay for the name.

The Yoder pro grills are very sexy as well and I recommend you take a look at them also.

Not t9 derail the thread but I have a dumb question for the guys with the pellet grills/smokers. I do quite a bit of snack sticks and summer sausage on my vertical smoker do you guys use the pellet types for this as well? Seems like volume would be an issue, or are you using one of each type of smoker?

We have a Grilla Silverback and it’s been flawless. If I were to buy another pellet grill it’d be a Grilla. Built very well, fair pricing, prompt delivery and simple assembly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back