Pay it Forward

Redmt

A member here offered up some reloading supplies then wouldn't even take the $$ for the shipping! His response was to Pay it Forward and look through my stuff for things I don't want or need and offer them up here. It got me thinking that maybe a Pay it Forward thread might be a good thing?
I have a couple Ruger American factory stocks I will offer up for the shipping cost.

What an awesome idea, thanks for starting. I’ll dig through my stuff in the next few days. I’m sure I have something to offer up

Very admirable. I need a stock but it’s mossburg patriot! I will also look thru all of my gear and see if there is anything that may be of value to others… Thank you for the kind gesture HTers!

FWIW - about once a year I take a box of stuff to my gun club and leave it on a “first come first serve table”. Stuff is always in near new condition. Happy to pivot that to HT if this takes off.

Cool idea. If anyone is interested in once-fired Federal nickel coated brass in 7mm-08, I've got a bunch.

I have some .30 caliber 180 gr. Scirocco pull downs from some .300 Weatherby mag loads. They were custom loads for an unknown rifle. There's maybe 100 of them. I'll get an accurate count and post up a picture later.

Still have them? I have a .300 blackout id like to load these in. LMK!
Yup I still have them but these are not designed for the 300 BO. They would be too long I'm pretty sure plus the BO doesn't develop enough velocity to make these expand. You need to be in the 110-120 gr. range for high enough velocity. They might work subsonic but at a very short range.

Yup I still have them but these are not designed for the 300 BO. They would be too long I'm pretty sure plus the BO doesn't develop enough velocity to make these expand. You need to be in the 110-120 gr. range for high enough velocity. They might work subsonic but at a very short range.
Thanks for the reply! I also have a .308 I reload for as well. Let me know!

Had somewhat of a similar deal a couple a years back. There was a fellow that got everything stolen out of his pickup on a hunting trip. Gear, firearms his whole camp the whole works. He didn't post asking for anything but for people to help him keep an eye outfor any suspicious stuff and watch pawn shops in the area he got robbed.

I messaged him and asked if he'd be interested in some clothing (sitka gear and various other things I don't use) much anymore. He declined, told me thanks but he'd rebuild his gear and I respect that.

I'm not living high on the hog nor do I get it on a pro deal or for free. My offer is still out there.

I still have the gear and clothing I was gonna offer him. I'm not interested in selling clothes for a quarter of what people pay for it. If someone is getting into hunting or has a family member or friend that could help them out I'm more interested in that route. Shoot me a pm if interested

Good idea. I wonder if @Big Fin would start a new sub-forum in the classified section so items can have their own thread - as if this takes off this thread could be a tangled mess of cross-posts about various items.
Call it....... Pay It Forward

Any interest in a used pair of 8" Danner Pronghorn boots? Size 11, 400 gram Thinsulate, GoreTex and as shown by the pics, they should have quite a bit of life left in them. One damaged lace, missing a few inches. If they're worth the cost of shipping, you could take them off my hands. (Well, actually 'take them off my feet,' and as a side note I don't have any terrible foot fungus..... currently.)👣
IMG-0060.jpgIMG-0061.jpgIMG-0062.jpgIMG-0063.jpg

Gone as of 4/23/22
PIF is one of my primary personal goals in my life. Outdoor gear is perfect for PIF especially now during impossible component times.

So I have what I believe is 1X fired factory Remington 300 Savage 67 pieces. I cleaned them up in walnut vibratory cleaner and also cleaned up the primer pockets with Sinclaire primer pocket uniformer.

PIF FREE to anyone in CONUS that is allowed to have them. Yeah, I know another indemnification statement but that is today's society.

Claim here and send PM with your info. Yes, I am legit and not that POS "muddyboots" that copied my "Muddyboots" credentials from LRH and took some hard earned money from folks here on HT. Big Fin is well aware of everything relative to my credentials.

So here you go. I pay shipping to you.

Edit added: photo and I truly hope ONLY those who actually needs these to shoot will claim them and not someone trying to make a buck on PIF free brass.IMG_6860.JPG

Last edited:
When this idea was presented to me the thought popped into my brain that there were fraudsters out there looking to scam some generous people. What to do about it? Would it be out of line to require a certain number of posts over a given time frame? Dunno!!
The guy that stepped up and wanted the 180gr. Sirocco .308 bullets had joined the previous day. I asked him for his name and shipping info and he seems to have disappeared. I'm not making any conclusions or accusations but that guy is off my Christmas list. I'll just keep them for now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back