Yeti GOBOX Collection

Passing it on

the nikster

Monday morning I head south to get camp set up and do some quick scouting. Monday evening a friend who shot his first deer this year will arrive in camp. He only has 30 hours given his heavy work schedule so we have our work cut out.
Wednesday my cousin and his grandaughter will be in camp for four days. They will need to head back home on Sunday for a Monday shift.
I am hoping to find them each a cow elk in the time they have. More importantly, I intend to expose them to a hunting camp. Good food, a warm fire and friends who love you.
I hope to post pics daily of our pitfalls. Internet may be difficult, if so, I will post a daily recap when I get back to civilization.
My friend hunted for the first time this year. He has always been wary of eating meat and killing in general. Recently his family is more accepting to the idea of becoming more self reliant and this is a step to that end.
As I said earlier, he got a deer this year. It was a terrifying experience and he handled it well. He, his wife and 2 daughters came over to the house where we cut and wrapped the deer. They have tried it and find it to their liking. It is better than the fake meat they have been eating. He and I will spend the better part of 2 days traveling the trails of my youth and sharing in the possibilities that each draw possesses. Maybe, just maybe, we will find whatever it is we are looking for.

good luck nick!!!I'm sure you will all do fine as I know the effort your willing to put into it
see if you have time to hit POW again next year.I need a round 2 up there but planning for opening day in august for nr so they are still up in the alpine.That place is just incredible up there
Good luck to u, your friends, and family on the hunt

Have a great time Nick, and kudos on you for being a great outdoors mentor to your friends! Wish I had more vacation, would love to share an elk camp with you!

My tent door is always open. Any time You guys want to share a camp I am up for it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back