PEAX Equipment

Pagosa Springs things to do

howl

What are some family friendly activities around Pagosa Springs in Mid to late April?

The hot springs are worth while for sure. That time of year is tough. Weather could be mild or you could get a major snow storm. I don't think the rafting companies will be running yet.

Just got back from a week at the resort > The hot springs are a must visit when in town. We liked Kips, Alley House and the Pizzia place next to Kips where you serve your own beer. I would go shed hunting if I was there in April

Hot springs, as previously mentioned. Riff Raff burgers will change your life if you’ve been packed in a week. Not sure how good they are when you’re not delirious. Pretty much all I can think of that time of year. Might still be snow in wolf creek if you’re skiers.

Outstanding reference👍
I'm going to take that drive down the pass just for that reason when I'm out there this year. Grew up listening to C.W. on 8 tracks as a kid when my uncle took us on summer vacations.
You might be disappointed to discover that the snow shed is actually on the east side of the pass rather than the downhill into Pagosa.

Last April myself, the wife, and dog stayed at the Fireside cabins for a night on the way through. They are right on the river and I would recommend. The hot springs are pricey but worth it I'd say. Riff Raff on the Rio had a few decent brews and good food from what I recall. Cool little town.

Tenfo. A day at springs and a side trip for a train ride should buy me a few days of muddy woods time.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back