Paging Gellar!

I was hoping to see Hildebrant do a little better in the 125. Surprised that Berge got by Kaleb Young. Starocci vs. Kemmerer is going to be a great semi final. I think Kerkvliet and Cassiopi will see each other in the semi final and Cassiopi might come out on top.
I wasn’t shocked about berge and young. Berge beat him at nationals last year.

There will be big ten tournament semifinal matches that are semifinals at nationals or even finals matches at the National tournament.

Kemmer injury really hurt iowas team chances. Gellar is right, Lee would have owned Suriano at 125. Speaking of Suriano, and his post match interview…in fact 99% of all the interviews last night….when did all these athletes lose all their class? It was like watching a bunch of MMA fighters being interviewed by Dana White. I appreciate confidence….but most showed extreme lack of class and overall intelligence in their post match interviews. How bout that comeback by Cassiopi? Way to wrestle to the end and never give up! That’s true Iowa wrestling. Unfortunately I don’t see him having a lot of success in todays finals. Speaking of Iowa wrestling, I’ve been saying it for weeks, but I feel like Warner needs to wake up and find some intensity. It’s like he’s just wrestling to win, not wrestling to finish or dominate. Rant over…hope it’s a great finals

Kemmer injury really hurt iowas team chances. Gellar is right, Lee would have owned Suriano at 125. Speaking of Suriano, and his post match interview…in fact 99% of all the interviews last night….when did all these athletes lose all their class? It was like watching a bunch of MMA fighters being interviewed by Dana White. I appreciate confidence….but most showed extreme lack of class and overall intelligence in their post match interviews. How bout that comeback by Cassiopi? Way to wrestle to the end and never give up! That’s true Iowa wrestling. Unfortunately I don’t see him having a lot of success in todays finals. Speaking of Iowa wrestling, I’ve been saying it for weeks, but I feel like Warner needs to wake up and find some intensity. It’s like he’s just wrestling to win, not wrestling to finish or dominate. Rant over…hope it’s a great finals
Suriano is a tool. Maybe the reason he has been to 3 schools, 4 if you count Arizona state where he trained for the Olympic trials. Part of the blame has to be on the network doing the interview not even 10 seconds after a kid wins a huge match.

Warner has been doing that his whole career. The kid is a 2 time all American, 3 if you count the COVID year when they awarded all Americans by the seeds. I don’t know if he gets over that hump and become a National champ. But if he becomes a 4 time all American that is dam impressive.

I didn’t watch any of the matches last night. I listened to the matches this morning on the radio. I’m getting ready to watch the finals. I’ll take Suriano, rby, lee, sasso, deakin, marinelli, starrocci, brooks, dean, and Steveson.

The medical forfeits are driving me crazy. It’s one thing if the kid is legit hurt, but wrestling until you qualify and then medical forfeiting out is not a good look. I hope the seedlings at ncaa punish people who did that. Brands said kemmerer could go but playing it on the side of caution.

Kemmerer looked like he did something to that shoulder for sure in that Match. That Wisconsin kid had some heavy hips on Kemmerers shot. You could hear him wince in pain. He wrestled the rest of the match holding that arm in tight. I have no doubt he’s injured; the severity of it is what worries me.

Kemmerer looked like he did something to that shoulder for sure in that Match. That Wisconsin kid had some heavy hips on Kemmerers shot. You could hear him wince in pain. He wrestled the rest of the match holding that arm in tight. I have no doubt he’s injured; the severity of it is what worries me.
He has a history with bad shoulders. The kids been a warrior for like 7 years!

Amine upsetting Brooks was huge. I thought Desanto wrestled a hell of a match. The Bull took care of business for his 4th big 10; just wish he could carry that over into the nationals. Iowas injury forfeits were disappointing. In a way I’m glad, I want to see a healthy Eierman vs. Lee rematch

Amine upsetting Brooks was huge. I thought Desanto wrestled a hell of a match. The Bull took care of business for his 4th big 10; just wish he could carry that over into the nationals. Iowas injury forfeits were disappointing. In a way I’m glad, I want to see a healthy Eierman vs. Lee rematch
Was that that big of an upset? They wrestled a 1 or 2 point match last time. Amine is an Olympic bronze medalist. Brookes shut down. He deserved to get taken down.

The ref should have hit rby again with a stall.

Gomez over sasso was probably the biggest upset. sasso lives on a 1 or 2 point match with no offense so he’s going to get beat if a guy can get a takedown on him.

Michigan came to wrestle. We will see in 2 weeks if they can keep it going.

The brackets are out.

The big ten got punished for the medical forfeits.

I can’t see how mason Pariss got the 7 seed at heavyweight.

I plan on looking them over more and filling them out. Should be fun!

Thanks for posting that, I saw they named the at large bids, but I hadn't seen the brackets yet. I'll have to print a couple off in the morning and try a few different scenarios.

I saw this morning that the Big Ten had 26 medical Forfeits, and the next closest conference had 10. I can see it from both sides, as a fan I want to see all the matches, but if I'm Coach Brands, I want all my guys as healthy as possible for the tournament.

Back