Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Packs, Mystery or Sitka?

WLE

I am looking into buying a new pack. Wondering if anyone had any feedback as far as which pack to buy. I am debating between the Mystery Ranch CBMR Cerberus or the Sitka Bivy.

Have you looked at the Eberlestock Just 1? Love mine. My two sons both took an Eberlestock to Afghanistan and they held up great. I have mine loaded to 78# for Idaho.

I was partial to MR packs before they ever became affiliated with the site and the show. I have an extra that I loan to people for "test drives" and they love it.

I have a big pile of packs in my shop, each having its own purpose. They have all be replaced by the MR, which serves me for everything.

I am never big on the line, "Trust Me," but in this case I will say, "Trust me, you will like the MR pack."

Did you say test drives? I know a guy going on a goat hunt in November.;)

I have tested the Just 1 with a couple goats. It worked, but not the most comfortable ride.

Greenhorn you need a new friend. My mom says I should find more friends. Can I be your new hunting buddy?:D

I've never used a Sitka pack. I've had a couple of MR's for 3 years now, and have no reason to try anything else. I'd go with the MR.

I love my Badlands, beat the tar our of it, and it keeps on kicking. Great Warranty too. I love the 2800 for sure, and it is very comfortable.

Another vote for MR. The CC is more versatile than the Cerberus but you won't go wrong with either.

Trust me......

G

Put me in the devoted MR camp. I've played with Sitka and many others (with a notable exception in Kifaru), and I've seen nothing out there that tempted me to switch.

I love my Badlands, beat the tar our of it, and it keeps on kicking. Great Warranty too. I love the 2800 for sure, and it is very comfortable.

I've heard that MR has a really good warranty too, but I've never had to test it. ;)

I have the badlands 2200and love it. Might have to try out the MR if I can ever wear my badlands outs. Wish I got out more to do it:(

Though I've only used a Kifaru I have looked at the MR's alot and got to see Buzz use his. For me, for a hunting pack, I will look no farther than either of these two companies.

After spending the past week doing my research I would have to agree with most of you on here. The MRs are the best packs out there. Everyone says they hold up the best and the comfort of carrying loads on their backs with these packs is next to none. Thanks for your help. I would like to test drive a model and see which one fits me the best.

Let's say that somebody was going to have a bunch of cousins start an enterprise in Northern Montana -Southern Alberta, ....... You know, kind of an import/export business.... That involved carrying heavy loads, long distances, away from any roads......

Something that could carry a sleeping bag and 2 days worth of food one direction, and maybe 80-100 pounds the other direction?

What pack would you suggest?

The only thing I wish was different about the NICE frame, is I wish it was just a touch taller so the load lifters would pull the weight towards the top of my back a bit more. Does MR still offer the overkill frame? Is it taller or just more robust? With less than 60-70 pounds its really not an issue though.

I packed out a moose a couple weeks ago, loaded the CC up with as much as I could possily carry a couple trips (boned hinds) and headed down the trail. The only part of my body that hurt was my hips, only because they weren't used to hauling 120ish pounds. My partner had a Barneys pack, and I didin't hear any complaints from him either. I wish I would have tried his pack out to see how it felt loaded. I guess I'll have to wait till next fall.

He kept razz'n me about how my pack needs a frame and is so flimsy. It does flop around a bit when you're trying to get it on your back, but once its on there its not an issue.

Let's say that somebody was going to have a bunch of cousins start an enterprise in Northern Montana -Southern Alberta, ....... You know, kind of an import/export business.... That involved carrying heavy loads, long distances, away from any roads......

Something that could carry a sleeping bag and 2 days worth of food one direction, and maybe 80-100 pounds the other direction?

What pack would you suggest?

Crew cab for sure. It would expand nicely for Cigs, I mean perscription drugs, I mean....................

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back