Packs, Mystery or Sitka?

WLE, I am in the same boat. I have been looking for a new daypack. It is crazy how the different packs from the same manufacturer fit. I have been through an eberlestock sling shot, which was the second most uncomfortable thing i've experienced( second only to a vasectomy;) ) Badlands hyperhydro, ultra day, superday, and just picked up the diablo to give it a go. I tried the sitka flash 20 while I was at bass pro and it was very comfortable. I just was hoping not to have to spend that much money on one. Evidently they don't make packs for my body type. Tall and skinny! Hope this helps. I'll let you know what I think of the diablo. I'm going to put some weight in it and take the hound for a walk.

I had the SG 45 loaded with 85 or so pounds of meat last year, grabbed it by the strap to start hoisting it up and the shoulder strap ripped from the pack...

other than that...hey..it was a great hunting pack...lots of cool pockets and stuff to put little tools in!

This year the Crew Cab was great. Haven't had a chance yet to load her down!

E

Let's say that somebody was going to have a bunch of cousins start an enterprise in Northern Montana -Southern Alberta, ....... You know, kind of an import/export business.... That involved carrying heavy loads, long distances, away from any roads......

Something that could carry a sleeping bag and 2 days worth of food one direction, and maybe 80-100 pounds the other direction?

What pack would you suggest?

IME, using packs to import and export goods is an extremely inefficient way to do business. I prefer to use low flying single engine planes through deep Kootenai valleys to transport my "goods". Drop off your "stuff' at predetermined places and turn around and go back home.

Last week, I packed a bull out, on one the third trip I wanted to get the rest without another trip up the mountain. I packed a ham, and a shoulder. I guess it would go 140 or more. I thought the nice frame was going to bust. It didnt'. My hip joints hurt for three days though. MR is my vote.

I have a friend who loaded his whole antelope on his Crew Cab!! It's a wild picture. I didn't get to ask him how much it wieghed but it was crazy how he got that thing strapped in there.

I'll toss in another vote for Mystery Ranch, not just great packs... but OUTSTANDING people as well.

Seacat, Do you guys have sales like you did earlier this year planned? After hunting with Finn my gun is starting to like the rest that the Crew Cab provides:D Seriously though I have grown to appreciate all that this particular pack can offer. The fact that you can haul some of the animal out at the time of kill is priceless. I used to always leave with my little daypack only to return for the multiple packout trips. I'm saving my money.

MR crew cab has been awesome this year. The wife 'stole' the inaugural elk pack out with it by hefting the 1st quarter to come off back to the truck so I did not even get to be the first to really give it a work-out.

Used the crew cab as a day pack all through elk/deer seasons to and was real happy. Used the daypack lid that you buy with it for crawling after antelope in bow season and that item was a lot more functional/useful as a standalone than I thought it would be.

do not know what a 'cerberus' is if it comes with a NICE frame you have many bag options that can be fitted to it.

Back