Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pack rats

Doug

How many of ya's consider yourselves pack rats? I never thought of myself as one until I started packing stuff up to move. Good grief I have a lot of junk. I've hauled over 10 tons of car parts and metal to the scrap yard while I 've been cleaning out my garage. It's hard to throw out those old V-8 engines, but nows a good time to do it because iron and steel are bringing an all time high of $5 per hundred pounds. :cool:
Doug

Well good luck on your move Doug, keep us posted on your progress, and have fun with those ol' engine blocks... :)

I am moving into a new house, I have lived on the same block in the same neighborhood in adjacent houses since 1961. I have been cleaning out, packing & fixing since November of 2004. I am up to 4 15' box truckloads to the dump, 4 loads to GoodWill, 3 or 4 loads to storage. 15 loads of trash in the back of my F250 to the dumpster at work. I am getting closer, but not done yet. I have about 6 weeks left to finish my old house off and 3 months before my new one is ready to close. I will get a couple weekends in Oct. to hunt and stuff and than it starts all over again in Nov. with final packing, moving, shop build-out & anything my wife talks me into, once we get there. This stuff won't end until 2006 sometime. I guess I am a packrat, but the den is getting less congested, JLG.

I always find good uses for stuff, but my wife usually talks me into gettin rid of it within a short time. Example, I was scouting for deer the other day and found two sets of tent poles, the kind with the shock cords. I picked them up and brought them home. Wife said what are you gonna do with them? My response, I dunno, they might come in handy, someday for something. She said yes, if you remember you have them, or where you put em. She's right, I put em under the front seat of the truck with some other stuff I couldn't live without.

My trouble is I have Brain Farts, I will buy something..a set of wrenches, winch, or you name it, because it was a "good deal". Then I take it home put it in my shop. A few months rolls around and I will buy the same chit! The Wife "Martha Stewart" will get out there and try to clean the shop and ask "Why does someone need three ?????" And the only answer is BECAUSE! And it has been getting worse as hunting season approaches. John

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back