Pa monster

What an outfitter. Get a call about a trophy elk, drive 90 min, shoot it with your 6.5 CM.

Here's the article that was written after the trial, they were found guilty of most charges. The hunter that won the governor's tag on a $25 raffle ticket and was following the advice of the guides was the biggest loser in that whole situation IMO.

EDIT: To clarify, the above elk was legally taken and these links were to a different monster bull shot too close to a road in the 2019 season with the same outfitter

Hell of a bull, those PA bulls are unreal.

Last edited:
Interesting sort of back story... After the 2019 outfitter "incident", the organization that holds the raffle decided to go with another outfitter to provide the guide services for the raffle tag. So it's my understanding that the 2020 hunter went out and hired the guide with the previous violation out of his own pocket.

Look at the mass on that bull....... just wow!
Yea we have some monsters running aound in Pa I took my fiance up for a few days to see them and saw many in the 350 pluss range and a few abt 400 class
with abt 1200 animals and 120 or so tags on a draw abt 30 or 40 bull tags they have a chance to grow old an big
Ive said b4 if any of you HT folks ever draw im happy to help ya fill the tag
Well unless I get drawn the same yr then the hell with ya

This post inspired me to hunt up some photos I have heck I'm guessing maybe 20 years ago? A massive 8 by 8 bull or 7 by 7 with 60 plus inch beams. He was the first bull we saw when we visited Benezette and was in the yard of an old cabin knocking apples off a tree with his horns. Crazy big

I always forget about those non-western states where they have elk again. It appears PA has what it takes to grow monsters!
The extinct eastern elk were even bigger, excellent elk habitat and limited pressure here now. Too much agriculture for the game commission to really let them retake their range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back