Caribou Gear Tarp

pa guy

wilford

71y old never hunted i want to deer hunt next year by myself do you think this can be done i am a good shot and in good shape

Welcome Wilford. Where there's a will, there's a way.

thanks for all the good words i am going to do a lot of reading this winter i am near state game land so i will be hiking in their but not in deer season

Sound 70 years young. Welcome to hunt talk. Great group of folks.

i need a low recoil i can shoot 223 fine is this ok for pa deer or should i go 243 or something else thank you

Welcome, a 223 will kill any whitetail here. A 243 is a little better in my opinion. There is a lot of good bullets for the 223 that will work fine though. Good Luck

found a great deal at lgs thompson center compass 7mm.08 with bushnell 3x9x40 scope would this work ok for pa deer and how about recoil salesman said it would be very good for what i want to do i thank everyone for their help

Welcome to hunting! I've hunted whitetail with a guy who is 85. He's a better shot than all the rest of our group. Just have a good plan to remove the deer from the field (ATV where legal), deer cart, sled in snow, or take out in pieces). Other than that I see no reason 71 would be any limitation.

Don't forget that you have to take a hunter safety course.

.243 or 7mm-08 would be a fine deer rifle

Why not hunt this year? Rifle season isn't until late November.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back