Pa elk

dgc1963

Well the Pa draw is today KECA tomorrow
I have max points but still have better chance of monkeys flying out of my butt lol I saw 100k applied
I look at it as a donation to the elk heard here at home either way I will be chasing them here at home 0r out in Co for the opener did 3 miles with 50 lbs on my back this morn feel good about being in the back country this yr
I dont usually mess with my phone when Im on a trip but will try to update you guys b4 during or after I know I have no service where I go never tried when in route getting close to my spot

Definitely just a donation for me. I never count on drawing. $11.97 is a crazy cheap application though and the fact the price is the same for R and NR is even crazier

Didn't draw once again this year, 2 guys from my town did though.

I had max points for all three seasons. Either sex, any unit. No phone call for me today.
Does anybody have a link to the list of winners? I don't see it posted yet.

List of names drawn here.

Haha the first tag on the list went to a NR for archery. I’m sure that will have people losing their minds at the local diners this morning.
I overheard a guy ranting about it last year throwing a fit that NR shouldn’t even be allowed to draw.
I just kind of shook my head thinking about how many times I’ve heard that but typically from a western state. I personally don’t care who draws.

Maybe after 60 years of applying though my mind might change?

I personally don't care that the nonresident guys draw, but it should be capped and cost them a whole lot more than a resident, turn about is fair play considering what it costs to apply in western states. It was like 30% of the archery tags were NR. Not nearly as high a percentage in the other seasons.
I apply each year, never know when lightning might strike. I know a couple guys who have drawn over the years.

I donate to the WI herd the same way.
Wife & I try to take a trip up in the fall. Fall colors are awesome and once in a while we get the bonus of seeing elk.

Haha the first tag on the list went to a NR for archery. I’m sure that will have people losing their minds at the local diners this morning.
I overheard a guy ranting about it last year throwing a fit that NR shouldn’t even be allowed to draw.
I just kind of shook my head thinking about how many times I’ve heard that but typically from a western state. I personally don’t care who draws.

Maybe after 60 years of applying though my mind might change?
i always enjoy when people get riled up about capping the tags.

there were a few years in a row that the NR was under 10% and i had to laugh when people would say "that only 10% of the tags should go to NR 90% to residents" some got quiet in a hurry when they got a math lesson that the residents would have lost 1-2 more tags

i'm curious how many NR's that apply are like myself, grew up in PA. I figure the chance of anyone drawing is slim so PGC is smart to keep it at $12 entry for anyone because they get a lot more of us in and out of state residents making a $12 donation. charge me $100 to enter and it's the KECA tag every year that i'm entering for

Always amazes me people forget they are nonresidents in 49 states no matter where they live

Limiting NR in PA would increase the draw odds by such a small margin that I really could not care less. As someone else stated, I'm a NR in 49 other places so I get it. However if the vocal minority get their way, the most likely change other than a NR cap would be the requirement to purchase a license to apply.

As a nonresident I’m happy the app fees are low in PA. About as laughable as Wisconsin charging non-residents $4.50 for bear preference points. I’m good with a WI/PA reciprocity deal and gouge everyone else.

There’s enough of this R-vs-NR going on in the west. let’s keep it there. Plus, a likely significant percentage of the NR hunters travelling out west come from PA.

The odds for PA elk licences are so poor, nothing would change for any individual. And the PA elk herd is more of a tourist attraction than anything else. It’s about bringing in the B&B crowd and photographers than merely catering to hunters anyway.

Limiting NR in PA would increase the draw odds by such a small margin that I really could not care less. As someone else stated, I'm a NR in 49 other places so I get it. However if the vocal minority get their way, the most likely change other than a NR cap would be the requirement to purchase a license to apply.
True, but when someone from say, Idaho (which has over 12,000 non resident tags) wins, it's kinda frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, i wish them a good hunt!

But 12,000+NR tags vs 140 something total tags for the state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back