Owner of Deadhorse Outfitters LLC charged and fined $20,000

Quick question- can you buy butane, bear spray, etc. online, and then have it shipped to a local post office as “General delivery”, so they hold it there until you pick it up? I feel that any place with commercial flights would have a post office and shipping of some sort.
Small communities and your outfitter should know someone trustworthy who could receive your package. Some of the bush communities don’t have a post office and people pick up their mail from the plane when it arrives.
Cabela’s had free shipping so I bought Eider decoys and had them shipped to a lady on Adak.

Small communities and your outfitter should know someone trustworthy who could receive your package. Some of the bush communities don’t have a post office and people pick up their mail from the plane when it arrives.
Cabela’s had free shipping so I bought Eider decoys and had them shipped to a lady on Adak.
Funny you mention that as we are having a few things bought and shipped to our transporter since the shipping is free!

We are buying 4 cheap 48 quart coolers and going to use them for transporting meat home. Going to just leave them on the beach where we get dropped off. To fly with them there, it would be $40 to bring them as a "checked luggage". So why not just have them shipped to where we need them for free! He even said he can load them up with ice from the dock for us so we can get some meat right into a cold cooler as soon as we pack it there.

1691419076623.png

Back