Overboots, Down Booties or what for long cold sits?

BenInMT

Many a cold weather glassing session has been cut short by my cold toes. What products do you prefer for keeping your feet warm for hours on end at below freezing temps? I was looking at Fourty Below neoprene overboots but willing to look at anything. I feel like an overboot would be easier than having to take off gaiters and boots just to put on a down bootie- then put the frozen boots back on. What are y’all using?

Can’t help you on this one as my philosophy has always been start hiking or start a fire… Following

Arctic shield boot covers work pretty good for white tail stand hunting. They are decently lightweight enough to pack around and easy to get on and off. I think they would work better for you then a bootie that requires you to take your boots off as well.

+1 on the arctic shield. They are light and go over your boots. They definitely help.

Fire is where it’s at!

Attachments

• 072D045D-BCE7-44A0-B548-8D959E2F5602.jpeg
    072D045D-BCE7-44A0-B548-8D959E2F5602.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
Hand warmers aren’t just for hands.

Gaiters help my toes stay warmer, even though they don’t cover that area of my boot. I wear them if it’s below freezing temps, wet or dry conditions.

Perhaps it is psychological, but putting a pad under my feet so that it isn’t in contact with snow, soil or a metal tree stand seems to help also.

I've tossed hand warmers in with the toes when seated long enough to find it's flipping cold. Usually that pre-dawn sit and wait.

just sit there in furious anger and take it out on the critter your after. Or cry.

I usually just use hand warmers in the boots tho. Helps a ton

From my tree stand days. The atetic shield boot covers and a pad to keep your feet insulated from the ground always made a big difference.

I have a pair of Titan Baffin boots. They are insanely warm. Perhaps the warmest boots out there. But they are huge clunkers, made for sitting not for walking... kind of a specialty boot.

For my rut treestand hunts my feet always froze, but the rest of me was always good. Wife bought me Bluetooth controlled Heated socks and they are amazing. The warmingstore.com has lots to choose from and some are even merino wool. They have some that are remote controlled instead of Bluetooth which are much more affordable in case you don't like them for some reason.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back