Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Outrageous NZ Firearms fees

glass eye

AirNZ has just begun charging a handling fee for firearms....$150 USD EACH WAY...and EACH LEG of the trip. That's $300 roundtrip to Auckland, and $600 RT if you're going to Christchurch.
We need to email complaints and tell them that we will use other airlines such as V australia.
Even if you don't have plans to ever hunt in NZ you should complain because once an airline starts a new fee and gets away with it, all the others with follow that lead.
http://www.airnewzealand.com/help-and-contact

No different than tags and lisc costs and sitka gear......charge more and everyone else can 2.

Coming here soon under the guise of altruism. Registration fees and surcharges...bet on it.

GE, that is bloody ridiculous, but oh so typical of the land of the long white cloud and associated companies/businesses. If they can wring the last dollar out of anybody entering or leaving as a tourist they will certainly try. Tourists really get screwed over there, with the high costs of visiting fishing licences, some hut fees and many other associated outdoor activities you would think that the Department of Conservation would have their energy focussed on working in with the sporting groups/clubs to manage and conserve the game species for both recreational and visiting hunters, but all they seem to want is eradication of any animal or bird that is 'non native' to the country.
Try to do what i do in many of the places i go hunt and just borrow a firearm, not like using your own, but the advantages of getting through customs at each end for me easily outweigh a rifle that might take a little to get used to.

Try to do what i do in many of the places i go hunt and just borrow a firearm, not like using your own, but the advantages of getting through customs at each end for me easily outweigh a rifle that might take a little to get used to.

I'm going to bowhunt in Hawaii in May and I'll be taking a rifle to loan to a kiwi that will be joining me there. I've lent my rifles and shotguns before to foreigners, I guess I'll have to be on the recieving end when I return to NZ.

If you haven't done so already then join a hunting forum over there, just like this forum they are very, very helpful, just like this place you will make friends and get offered the loan of a gun.
I know this because i was planning on visting a few years back and the amount of help i was offered was staggering, i didn't go, but chose Montana instead, but NZ is on my list in the near future.
By the way (no use in NZ I know) Delta airlines didnt charge me either way for my rifle, i know, i was lucky.
Cheers
Richard

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back