PEAX Equipment

Outdoor Shows

Corax

I have been attending the RMEF convention for the last few years – a good cause, and they have a good mix of seminars (including Randy), equipment companies, and state game and fish departments. Plus, I have to confess, outfitters. As far as I can tell, there is no RMEF show this year. Any suggestions for alternates? The sheep show has few equipment companies, while the SCI show has few of the game departments. I cannot make the dates for the Dallas show. And the Texas Deer Farmers (Texas Trophy Hunters) extravaganza – what can I say?

RMEF has moved Elk Camp to the first week of December in 2014, rather than the normal February/March time frame.

Not privy to the other shows.

Through work I've attended most of them. SCI will have tons to look at with lots of cool stuff, and ridiculous amounts of money flying around. Check out ISE's website for locations, the Denver ISE is usually pretty decent. My highest recommendation would be the Sheep Show. Its not as big as many others but has the highest percentage of purists and minimal rif-raff. Everyone there is serious about western hunting, serious about conservation, and serious about having a good time. I request to work it every year. My favorite show without a doubt.

SCI Dallas...cool firearm$, gear, and $hiny eye candied prospectors. US and International trophy hunts...etc.

Ft. Worth Texas Trophy Hunters Deer extravaganza is pretty much geared toward the "Texas" model. Trophy whitetail, canned or otherwise....expensively cheesy. Moon unit feeders and stands galore.

I'll probably be at ATA and the East coast sheep show. Maybe Dallas Safari Club, but I doubt.

I'll be at the Backcountry Hunter & Anglers rendevous in Denver.

Back