Other states options

Was wondering can a guy do 3 different states same year for antelope . What states would you look at as a non resident
Thinking of making a kick ass trip next year with son 3 weeks kinda thing

Last edited:
Archery or rifle? OTC options in a couple states for archery to consider. Don't count on drawing a rifle tag for public land units in Colorado without quite a few points. I apply in a bunch of states every year, put in for 7 states for antelope this year, drew 2 tags. I'm not picky about my tags either, hunt a lot of hard to access units. You probably need 3 weeks if you want 9 kills.
Doe tags are a good option too.

South Dakota is an option to think about, but it will take a few preference points, so that may not work out for you. You will need to sit down and chart out the different seasons for the different states to make sure you can make it work honestly.

Also, don't over look how you are going to care for all these goats. Over three weeks, you can't rely on just keeping them on ice in the back of your truck, you're going to need some other method to keep the meat good, like local processors, but then you are talking about possibly having meat in three different states to pick up at three different times.

I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just saying don't forget to think about these things. I hate to see good goat meat wasted!

Not a lot of help here, however, I'd just concentrate on one state (say Wyoming) and get multiple tags (buck and doe). Find a nice place to camp and relax and enjoy the hunts. Usually plenty of other things to do. The older I get the less I like doing all that driving. If you do three states, I'd plan for at least 10 - 14 days (driving, finding animals, processing, lodging, and the unexpected). Good luck and let us know if it happens.

good luck to all
the dog

@leadpillproductions Off track here, but did you figure something out for your hunt this year?

Back to the original post, I can't think of much else you can do to have that much fun for 3 weeks than pronghorn hunting.

@leadpillproductions Off track here, but did you figure something out for your hunt this year?

Back to the original post, I can't think of much else you can do to have that much fun for 3 weeks than pronghorn hunting.
Yes I got a hold of a outfitter he gave me his cousins info got property to hunt on . be down oct 23 to 27th

Reactions: LCH
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back