OTC Idaho Elk Tag Sale

maybe idaho should do a random draw for general tags for nonresidents but not require applicants to buy the nonrefundable hunting license and only charge an application fee.

maybe idaho should do a random draw for general tags for nonresidents but not require applicants to buy the nonrefundable hunting license and only charge an application fee.
Maybe you are going to get fleeced for a lot of money.

Who remembers the last year otc Idaho tags didn’t sell out until the season started or at all? It really wasn’t that long ago like 2018? Things are really starting to come off the rails fast

I hunted Idaho way back when I got a tag when I arrived in the state from Pa
but that was way back in the day when I drove a covered wagon out west hunting lol

Can anybody see how many nonresident elk tags are still available? Since I bought mine I don’t think I can view the list to see what zones sold out so far. If somebody could send me a screenshot or list, I’d be interested.

I was 12371 in line, my first 3 choice on elk tags were gone. My hunting partner was 14,xxx, so we both got Boise river B tags (unit 39)

Why would they do that?

I like it, and personally would prefer to see them eliminate the option to buy a tag and then put in for controlled hunts.

Can anybody see how many nonresident elk tags are still available? Since I bought mine I don’t think I can view the list to see what zones sold out so far. If somebody could send me a screenshot or list, I’d be interested.

Attachments

• PXL_20211209_185246488.jpg
    PXL_20211209_185246488.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 14
No. If anything, Idaho should double license and tag amounts.

I was logged on for five hours and was able to get a deer and wolf tag for the area that we wanted to go hunting. However out of five of us. I was the only one that was able to get a tag. I recevied my deer and wolf tags last week in the mail. I am putting them in an envelope so I can mail them back. If even one of my hunting buddies had gotten a tag. It would be hunt on!!! But being the only one no. I am not driving for a day and a half to go hunting by myself. Idaho can have their tags back. Hopefully I will get a refund of some type I would hate to eat the $600.00 rather that than go without my hunting partners.

I was logged on for five hours and was able to get a deer and wolf tag for the area that we wanted to go hunting. However out of five of us. I was the only one that was able to get a tag. I recevied my deer and wolf tags last week in the mail. I am putting them in an envelope so I can mail them back. If even one of my hunting buddies had gotten a tag. It would be hunt on!!! But being the only one no. I am not driving for a day and a half to go hunting by myself. Idaho can have their tags back. Hopefully I will get a refund of some type I would hate to eat the $600.00 rather that than go without my hunting partners.
Don’t forget there is a printable form to enclose with the tag for refunds. And somebody else will buy the tag immediately, so hard to see how Idaho is going to worry much, even though I agree with you that this Hunger Games / MMA / Gauntlet style of offering tags is not ideal.

Here’s the form to request your 75% tag refund.

Yeah, they probably should. The $36.75 I pay for an elk tag, is probably the best 36 I spend every year and I would easily pay double.
I agree! As a Idaho resident I think it’s ridiculously cheap for tags and licenses. I can’t understand why residents bitch about price hikes that amount to very little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back