NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Oscar jumps ship

mtmiller

Man, I gotta read MM to find out how Moosie did on his deer hunt. Maybe he will use his own site eventually. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you put the spare tire in the back so you could prop it up a little. ;)

DSCF2076.JPG

Just kidding, great buck.

My bad, I think I read that post the first day and thought it was another one of the babbling to babble posts. My apologies, I will play catch-up and shut my flipping trap. :eek: |oo

FinalShot, thats a Big 10-4, After you guys talked about it I called Glen (Who's house is about 4 mins from my office) and we hooked up. Feching Nice guy, Awesome Product. I did a Write up on his pack in my latest DHI Magazine and I'll plug him again in the Next one.........

I did a Write up on his pack in my latest DHI Magazine and I'll plug him again in the Next one.........

That is plain sick dude. I'm glad I dropped that membership when I did. IMO, when you start talking about plugging and packing in a hunting magazine, you've gone too far.

Indeed, Glen is a good guy. Have you tried his new J105? It's similar to the 104 but has a ridged back panel adjustable suspension and a new zipper. I've not tried it but it sounds great.

Take care, Finalshot

Have the J104 and love it. Most comfortable pack I've ever used and definetly designed by a guy who hunts.

Moosie, what caliber of a gun do you shoot with the Eberle gun stock?

shedyoda.

Shedyoda...... First off... love the name. I was going to be ShedDukoo but that was already taken ;) I actually don't own the Gun Stock, I probably should though huh ? Do you own one ? And if so, How do you like it ?

Moosie, thanks. I like to pick horn every once in a while and I guess I am kind of short, ears stick out a little. No I don't own one. Just figured if Glen put as much time and thought designing his rifle stocks as much as his packs, I'm sure their worth it. Seem a little spendy, I'll have to save up for one and make sure and not let the wife know I spent that much just on a gun stock. Smart idea though, no need for the extra weight. I shoot a 300 WSM (featherwieght) and was curious if having a big caliber and that light of a gun would effect the accuracy at all.

shedyoda.

Glen made his company name building high-end technically advanced rifle stocks. He supplies the U.S. Olympic team with stocks and will have exposure at the next Olympic Games. He's a former tri-athlete.

I saw a CHitload of his Stocks and test modles in his Garage. The guy has alot of ambition for sure. He makes stocks for the Tri or bi atheletes for the olympics I think. At any rate, he puts Alot of thought in everything he does, And the Backpack is a Dang good one. I'll have to buy the 105 model.

I layed outy all my backpacks ast week when Someone wanted to borow one and I have 12 different packs....... I told my wife I only needed one more and I was done.. I wanted to pick up one of the Kifarau packs but I'll have to Check out Glens new pack maybe too :)

Not sure if the Kirafu pack has a scabbord for your gun or not, they seem to be nice packs though. Being able to put my gun in the scabbord and hike hands free is worth every penny. Also protects your gun well and is easy/quiet when you need to take it out. On long heavy hikes it's nice having a place to put your gun, over the shoulder with a loaded pack is plain uncomfortable. Also, it easy to get out when your on the trail at night in cat country. :eek:

MtBudwiser... Simond says "HUSH it".

Kifaru has a side scabard that looks pretty handy. T-bone had one on our Sheep hunt and He actually helped my Pansy a$$ carry the gun most of the time because I brought in a Chitty Kelty pack :)

I did see those side scabbords. I think the only problem with those is you may have a problem with balancing weight. Eberle keeps the gun close to your back and slightly off to the left side. So, even with an empty day pack and the gun in the scabbord you can't tell it's off-balance due to it being so close to your back. Plus you don't have to take the pack off to take the gun in and out. Not sure if you can access your rifle with the Kirafu without taking the pack off?

Here are the two packs in action. The Eberle has a quartered out deer (bones in) and as you can see, lots of cape and neck meat (weather was moving in, so didn't take the time to de-bone). After seeing the pics, I could have done a better job strapping it down, but it rode well. Guessed it somewhere between 100 and 120#'s. Love the scabbard and it allowed me to use trekking poles for the hike out.

Tyler is on the left with the Kifaru and 1/2 of his buddies deer. Both pack worked well. Maybe Tyler will chime in on the gun carrier.

Final Shot.... Speaking of Bi's.... MtMiller sure likes SanFransisco I hear... Put posts some good pictures,

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back