Oregon Mule Deer

Day 2 is over we’re starting to find deer, we’ve all passed on small bucks and it paid off. John and Mitch tagged out this evening, what a pack out !!! I got back to camp late from my morning hunt and the guys kidnaped my dad and took him for there afternoon hunt , dad is 76 he had a blast , me and my girlfriend Maria went back to camp and got more stuff and went to help on the pack out

4C6855F8-0134-4F19-9EAD-8B62D493ECA9.jpeg

DBB4FEF3-A1F1-4C67-9831-635972D9C894.jpeg

3CDB145A-20D0-44C1-9EBC-88288DABF0DF.jpeg

FDFF99EA-7F65-406E-89F5-6E3F39205B55.jpeg

A714AE57-0068-4EF5-B46B-96A84430B800.jpeg

7A89480B-151D-46B5-8E24-37E9D62FB512.jpeg

EE7BF8A4-4B4A-4A3A-8D25-71F17511C175.jpeg

040B07DE-08CF-49C2-862F-B479E92B2EF4.jpeg

D07955C7-9D31-4285-BF48-4E8AA45F6A8E.jpeg

43EB0ADE-963D-4963-8477-A9FB1C5CB8DB.jpeg

Mom slow cooked ribs all days, she came on the trip to the pack out but stayed with the rigs , we had a serious feast to celebrate the days event

42C3C8FC-229B-40E8-9C38-74A1043E7BFA.jpeg

9ED4BF99-2961-4BD1-8BD4-FE0E62AAD416.jpeg

Congrats to the whole team, looks like a blast. and, great bucks with a bad azz looking gun!!

Great job Chris and crew! With a camp set up like that, it would be hard to get up and going in the morning.

Luck with some skill , took the girlfriend out looking for a buck for her , she said she ready to kill a deer and she doesn’t care about size anymore, so the guys had spotted a spike by fork yesterday, and we went to that area to try to relocate for the afternoon hunt , saw nothing glasses canyon off high points , nothing not even a doe , last hour of light we road hunt back, I was starting to check out mentality, just a little frustrated over not seeing deer or finding a buck for her , she says turn down this road

We had been on it before , so down we go it’s less than a mile to the end but some open woods , lots of cows feeding on the landscape as well , we drive and get cows off the road , nothing but cows , make the end turn around and come back out , the cows like 7 are back in the road , I’m laughing, we just sitting idle looking at them , when I see movement to my right , a deer is trotting down the hill , pull up binos , buck , I see 4 points , holy hell ! She hasn’t seen him yet , turn off the truck , get out , my rifle is in the backseat of my crew cab , load a round , he makes the road and he’s behind a 7 cows , clueless were there , he moves on walking, I drop down hill with him , he’s maybe 100 yards , not sure , it’s all a blurry, he disappears behind some big timber , as I raise my rifle , no time for a rest it free hand , he’s scoped and clears the cover, boom , I miss , he’s confused and not sure where I’m at , I see white as I reload , raise up , he’s quartered away, looking the opposite direction, boom , he disappears, don’t have a clue what happened, I run ahead , he’s laying there dead , dropped in his tracks , WOW !!! Is all I can say , just a lucky hunter , had those cows not been in the road I never would have stopped and the deer would have seen us , was a mile from camp , dad herd the shots while sitting at the camp fire ! No great spot and stock , just right place right time. It’s a whiskey tonight for me , now about finding a buck for my lady is next to the list .

As he lay
FE13D0B5-D6A6-4263-9A71-12FEA3A680AB.jpeg

B5FCF4B1-80F5-4C5E-9B60-74AAB4CB41E0.jpeg

Good job Chris!! Get the lady hers. I am betting she will kill a bigger one than you if you have anything to say about it.

Congrats on a great hunt! Camp site looks awesome!

Awesome job Chris!!! Looks like a great hunt, great camp and great food. That is a nice buck too

She did it !!!!!! After a sunrise road hunt , that turned up 7 does , I asked her you wanna go up the next road and drive that or head back to the other gate from yesterday and walk in and hunt the canyon again , she choose the harder hunt and it paid off ! Found the buck feeding broadside, we closed to range , she shot , good hit he ran and bedded quickly, we closed again she shot , he got up and went over the ridge , we thought she missed but later found she didn’t , we snuck up the next ridge and found him bedded again , by the time we relocated him he couldn’t get up again and she finished him. Got a hold of the crew and we did a quick pack out , they chose the gutless method on her buck .

After hunting from sunrise to sundown with less than an hour break each day since season opened , I’m tired and ready to relax , and wait for Cam and Tony to get there’s and help them , gonna head to town for my 1st shower in 5 days

16E49E99-B318-4586-8BB6-8A97108F632D.jpeg

Ye Ol’ Hanging Tree
1FD5DFCE-30EC-4D2F-99AC-02D86223A5BE.jpeg

This is easily becoming the best deer camp / season we've ever had , Never imagined it could have gone this well

She did it !!!!!! After a sunrise road hunt , that turned up 7 does , I asked her you wanna go up the next road and drive that or head back to the other gate from yesterday and walk in and hunt the canyon again , she choose the harder hunt and it paid off ! Found the buck feeding broadside, we closed to range , she shot , good hit he ran and bedded quickly, we closed again she shot , he got up and went over the ridge , we thought she missed but later found she didn’t , we snuck up the next ridge and found him bedded again , by the time we relocated him he couldn’t get up again and she finished him. Got a hold of the crew and we did a quick pack out , they chose the gutless method on her buck .

After hunting from sunrise to sundown with less than an hour break each day since season opened , I’m tired and ready to relax , and wait for Cam and Tony to get there’s and help them , gonna head to town for my 1st shower in 5 days

View attachment 115907

Ye Ol’ Hanging Tree
View attachment 115910

This is easily becoming the best deer camp / season we've ever had , Never imagined it could have gone this well

She did awesome! You guys have had an amazingly blessed deer hunt. Great job Chris!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back