PEAX Equipment

Oregon Draw Results

Son drew a cow elk tag but pretty bummed he didn't draw the buck tag (youth hunt) he was really hoping for, especially since it was his last shot at it. Oh well, that's how it goes. We're looking forward to hunting WY pronghorn for the first time though!

Drew my elk tag. Really excited for that, but maybe even more excited for my good buddy—he grew up in Alaska, hunted as a kid, hasn’t hunted in like 15 years.

Over the past year he’s been getting really curious about hunting again, asking me a bunch of questions and doing a lot of reading. He just drew the Trout Creeks rifle deer tag. Zero points, never applied before. Dude doesn’t even own a rifle yet!
Lucky SOB…
Tell me more, why is Trout Creeks good? Where is it?

Roosevelt's in November, will be heading to seaside.
I think I drew the hardest tag to draw in Oregon! 644A3 with one point. :) Sounds like some dandy bucks live there in the Umatilla National Wildlife Refuge!

Time to get the muzzleloader back out....
Yes there are!

Attachments

• 6FC82F81-3233-4B3E-A822-B7CBFF6BF75B.jpeg
    6FC82F81-3233-4B3E-A822-B7CBFF6BF75B.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 16
trouts rifle is one of the hardest to draw,,sounds like you got a lucky random on that that one,,and yes joes any deer umaitilla wildlife refuge is a very tough one to get also,not very many tags,..trouts are known for some big bucks coming out of that county.

We drew Powers doe tag. It was points for everything else this year. Headed into the woods for general archery seasons again.

No dear for us, spike elk for us. This fella will probably get to eat flowers for another year. She took the pic this morning, swears she’s turning outlaw since we didn’t draw.
Salmonchaser, how'd you fare in the draw this year?

I drew another awesome OR Archery Buck Tag, otherwise I'm OTC Rifle Idaho Muley Buck come Oct.

Last year's late season elk hunt in the canyon kicked my ass.

Salmonchaser, how'd you fare in the draw this year?

I drew another awesome OR Archery Buck Tag, otherwise I'm OTC Rifle Idaho Muley Buck come Oct.

Last year's late season elk hunt in the canyon kicked my ass.
I got a spike tag, nothing for deer again. Doesn't seem that long ago there were no drawings for deer and elk and you had a month to hunt. We were done and packed out by day three last year. I'll be 68 this year can't believe I'm still going in there, guess I should be glad I can!
I hunted Deer in there (Metolius )in high school. No current info to share. Should be a good tag good luck.
No Montana or Wyoming this year because we went to Africa and I had too much fun😁

Last edited:
Doesn't seem that long ago there were no drawings for deer and elk and you had a month to hunt. We were done and packed out by day three last year.

Right? I switched it up this year and drew E. Cascades as a second choice for elk. Never hunted there but thought WTH…hope the Crater Lake tourists thin out by Oct otherwise the drive in might take longer than the season (5 whole days🙄)

Right? I switched it up this year and drew E. Cascades as a second choice for elk. Never hunted there but thought WTH…hope the Crater Lake tourists thin out by Oct otherwise the drive in might take longer than the season (5 whole days🙄)
Good luck in there. I know a guy with an area in that hunt who does well. Sounds like scouting is paramount. They are not evenly distributed.

Good luck in there. I know a guy with an area in that hunt who does well. Sounds like scouting is paramount. They are not evenly distributed.

Actually made the first run in last week, basically just getting the lay of how close I want to get to the park and find a decent camping spot on the Sun. Old sporadic sign was about it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back