Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Oregon Draw Results

Using the seed numbers the last few years has taken some of the excitement away from Oregon draw results day. But this year's giant swing and a miss didn't much matter anyway. Good luck to those that drew good tags.

I drew high cascades rifle buck tag as a second choice, which was the plan.

Nothing else. I was surprised I didn't draw an archery antelope tag as a 2nd. Sounds like apps were up close to 10%.
Ditto here. What with the fires last year and incredible heat this year I suspect it might suck but I'll be out in the woods.

I'll have 3 points for elk going into next year though, anyone have an opinion (HA!) on where to apply next year with good draw and success odds?

Yes, I am. I'm leaving Friday afternoon from Central OR. I've had a partner back out of this hunt, so I may be hunting solo...which is pretty wild, but I'm not passing up my tag opportunity. I'm in 259. I will not be hunting off Hat Point, but I hope someone is!

Salmonchaser, we had helluva spring bear hunt in there, thanks for your encouragement and kind advice! I'll be sure to post what goes down next week...even if it's me off a ledge in the snow 🤣
I love that country but find at 66 years it’s just a little tough. If you get stuck on a ledge you‘ll probably meet Catherine. She’s one of the leads for search and rescue in the area. I’ll be in Montana!

Good luck hoping that random sheep tag is mine but I doubt it!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back