Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oregon Deer Game farm Question...

SS - I was trying to keep this civil, but you have started with name calling and blanket innuendos. I will not bother to answer ludricrous questions.

You know nothing about me or my "trophies," yet make a statement that I hunt game farms.

You have probably never hunted more a few hundred miles from home, yet presume to judge the rest of the world by your extremely limited experience.

You are an idiot and cannot argue a point intelligently or communicate effectively.

I will not bother to list your inconsistencies or back pedaling. I will also not bother to continue this discussion since it is apparent that

a) you don't even know what you are against

b) you are close-minded

c) you have taken the discussion to a personal attack level

Now that Californicator took his key board and doesn't want to play anymore, I'll repost my questions to him so everyone else can see how ludicrous my question to him was.

Again I think I anwsered this, game farms weren't outlawed, just the hunting on them. No I'm not against private property ownership, just the privatization of public resources. How about you? Do you feel that a landowner has absolute say, regardless of what may happen, on his property. Again would you say that your neighbor opening a nuclear waste dump would be within his rights?

You know nothing about me or my "trophies," yet make a statement that I hunt game farms.

If I was a guessing man, I'd say that your support of game farms would be an indicator that you've either used them here, or abroad, say SA.

There's really not many people that support them unless they've used em.or own one, or guide hunters on one.

Moosie, you could reword the forum to "Moosie's Game Farm Talk" that way people that think like you would be all that you'd deal with. But I considered this to be about hunting, and as such hunting is about pursuing wild, free ranging game.

Again would you say that your neighbor opening a nuclear waste dump would be within his rights? (random analogy from no bullshit ever...uh., I mean shoots-straight)

....only if he allows the glowing animals to escape. BTW SS, that sure is a tall horse you're riding...ya stubborn bastage.:rolleyes: :D :D

if you have on more than a loin cloth, shoot something better than a spear your a cheater. A canned hunt hunter, cheating motha hucker.

cheater,cheater
S.S. meeter
went to the n. slopes just to beat her hump hump

Just because its possible to block a migration route with a fence, it doesn't mean a high fence does it. All kinds of things can block the routes, it doesn't mean we should outlaw those things, only that the migration routes should be protected or that the food sources should be protected, so animals don't have to migrate so far.

Its the state that regulate the public animals, if the state wants to delegate some of that to some private person, that's fine, lots of states require that we have permission from private land owners to hunt there. Heck, some states even allow private landowners to prevent us from accessing pubic land as well as their land and the animals on both.

We don't even need to fence the earth, animals can't escape it now, so maybe it ought to be a game farm. That's a useless definition, a place they can't escape no matter how big is a game farm, it does not take into account factors that Cali. was talking about that are important, like natural habitat, natural breeding, natural movements of animals, etc.

If the animals have those things, and a fence helps assure that, then for all practical purposes, a hunt there is a very natural hunt. Most places I know of just restrict hunting near the fence, where it can become unatural to hunt the animal.

Tom,

You're wrong.

If animals can not escape from a fenced area...thats a game farm...the size of the enclosure doesnt mean squat.

I defined a game farm like anyone with a single firing brain cell in their head would also define one.

It doesnt matter if the animals within an enclosure have all they need to survive...habitat, movements, etc. It doesnt change the fact that the animals are still enclosed and unable to leave the enclosure.

Its that simple.

Like I said, I dont care what Texas and South Africa choose to do. Those places are what they are and they encourage high fences, the private ownership of wildlife, etc.

That DOES NOT mean that the citizens of Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. have to encourage the same type of BS "management" style that dominates places like Texas. We dont want it, dont need it, and in many cases have passed legislation to make it illegal...and rightfully so.

Ok, one last poke at this so Forest can get it. Tom there's a thing called genetic's and every living creature has this make up. Now when the gene pool starts duplicating it'self the species becomes week and all sorts of genitic defects show up. Now game farms are also a breeder of poor genetics,true some new blood is brought in, but by and large brothers are breeding sisters and so on. You know what I'm talking about there.

In New Mexico about a decade ago a game farmer put a fence across his property, it happened to be right in the path of a migration route. His captive elk would be fed close to a big gate right in line with the wild elk movements. This attracted the wild elk, at night the ranch hands would open the gates on the outskirts of the ranch and close them in the morning, capturing wild elk. He would then use his elk farm paper work to sell off the wild, public ones. ( Keep any paper from elk that died of desease or shot by clients.

He got caught by the WS, they fed the wild elk with hay laced with some chemical that when put under flourecent lights lit up. Guess what, a semi full of elk with piss all over the floor lit up like a christmas tree. I can go on and on where abuses stemmed from game farmers stealing public animals because of the possibilities that associate with this type of ranching.

To say that giving public animals to game farmers is ok is nothing more that theft.

Tom does it bother you that the 80% of the public that doesn't hunt, and hasen't made up there mind as whether huntings acceptable or not looks at shooting operations with worst distain than I, and in fact after seeing this type of hunt, make up their mind to the negative side.

Shoots Straight said
"but by and large brothers are breeding sisters and so on. You know what I'm talking about there."

Yeah,we know what your talking about there, but let's leave West Virginia out of the game farm debate.:D

Last edited by shoots-straight : Yesterday at 11:27 PM. Reason: From Hells womb I strike at thea!

...how's the hangover this morning SS?:D Glowing pee, animal soap opera, what's next....UFO's in Roswell? Run Forrest run! LMAO

You need more than half a brain cell to get a useful definition. SS, where did you make up the 80% from, try and stick to facts. Even the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation transfers animals, mixes genes up, etc. Lots of people break the law, they get caught and punished, it doesn't mean we illegalize people, just the illegal acts, get it?

Wyoming has high fence uses, I've seen them there, they are useful there for sure. I've seen them in Idaho, I haven't in Montana, I've only just driven through Montana, I know they are phasing out the elk farms, since I137 or whatever the number was.

SS, it bothers me that you'll make up a number like 80% as if you have such a number from somewhere reputable, which I don't think you do, do you and expect me to listen to anything you post? Buzz, the simple definition is useless, a pure waste of thought if there ever was one. You can go buy it if you want, its a free country.

SS, when you find that 80% send them to me. I would say out of every 20 cars that stop, 15 are a non-hunting family. They come up take picture, Talk about the elk and even sometimes buy meat from me. They enjoy looking at them more than the hunters do. It's not the non-hunter population that has a problem with us, its guys like you (a so called real hunter) telling them how bad we are. And when people don't care they will side with the biggest pains in the arses just because they dont know anybetter or to get you off their back.

Other than jealousy, i dont know what makes a guy like you tick. you used one example of a rancher making a bad choice. People sometimes make bad choices. But what 1 guy does shouldn't effect all the good ones, right.

And I have said this before. Just because YOU don't agree with it, doesn't make it wrong.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back