Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oregon Deer Game farm Question...

SS, Moosie didn't make up his list for you like you did. His is based on your posts as I see it. I guess Buzz's argument is if there is welfare support it should be banned as the fix. Pretty amazing argument, its just to simple minded and self centered for me, I'd fix it other ways, if it were up to me.

SS, have you seen Broke Back Mountain, it sounds like it? I haven't. What's your favorite scene? Do you think the movie is a good one?

Pretty amazing argument, its just to simple minded and self centered for me, I'd fix it other ways, if it were up to me.

I, mtmiller, officially appoint you, sir Tom, to fix the problem. Please amuse...er....enlighten me.;) :D

The main problem, or one of them, was the finances, charge a guy for a liscense if he goes to one to shoot one. That way the liscense dollars are collected to manage them.

You fine them big time, take their animals etc. if they don't stop them from escaping.

You stop them and other people from building on the travel corridors with building codes and restrictions.

You prevent crossbreeding with law and enforce it with well defined tests.

The diseases seem to be under control in the game farms now, but not in the wild, so you double fence to keep the wild ones from making the game farm ones get sick from the wild ones in high risk areas.

There's a few suggestions. How come they work here and have for a long time and they don't work up there? Management, that's a big reason. You learn from the places that have had them a long time, there are lots of states and countries that have had them for a long time.

How's that? Any merit to those thoughts?

Tom you are a dumb ass, you keep missing the point,,

Montana sportsmen WERE NOT looking for a game farm soluation we wanted rid of them,

we WERE NOT trying to find a way for them to work, we wanted rid of them

we DID NOT want game farms like you Texans we wanted rid of them

Any merit to those thoughts

hell no

and Tom its is easy to try and control diseases from elk game farms when YOU DON`t have native elk,,,FYI Montana has native elk

one more time ,,,REEEEAAAL SLOOOW for Tom,,,S P O R T S M E N IN M O N T A N A wanted R I D of G A M E F A R M S,,we didn't, never ever,, wanted them to work plain enough simpleton? Montana is no Texas,,,Thank GOD

280, I haven't missed that point. mtmiller just asked me for my ideas on solutions. If Montana didn't want game farms, why did you have 54 of them?

You dumb ass, you had them, you wanted them, you screwed them up, then you say you didn't want them, you shut them down. That sounds like a dumb ass, if there ever was one.

So, what were the sportsmen in Montana doing before they wanted rid of them, twiddling their thumbs, saying there's one, there's two, ..., there's 54 of them now. Oh, we better do something now, it looks like they are for real?

That's the way Montana works, let something grow, then kill it.

That's the way Montana works, let something grow, then kill it.

Just like a tumor, kill the somebitch. People started seeing the adverse affects of game farms. Sportsman rose up and said this has got to end for the good of the wildlife, and the sport of hunting.

The diseases seem to be under control in the game farms now, but not in the wild, so you double fence to keep the wild ones from making the game farm ones get sick from the wild ones in high risk areas.

So, double fence to protect game farm critters from those disease carrying wild critters?:rolleyes:

As always, advise appreciated.

I tend to believe that's better than the how Texas works, let something grow (on corn feed), put a tag in its ear, then kill it.

That's how you fatten up the old livestock, the only difference is that we send our livestock to slaughterhouses, they shoot theirs off feeders. We call our's food. They call theirs, game.

Here's a prediction, in the next year or two, CWD will move north of Sheridan, WY into Montana. It went accross Wyoming from south to north in the last several years and is right at the border now as I understand it.

Its not like a disease, those fence places, they were businesses supported by the state law. Michigan has a double fenced place, I've read, one to protect the animals inside and one to protect the animals outside. The idea as I understand it is to stop the spread of brucellosis back and forth, outside and inside the fenced area. Other states seem not to have that problem.

1. A canned hunt? Maybe, sounds like a for-sure hunt to me.
2. Land owner permit = cut to the front of the line and eat first.
3. Hunting sure is "hunting" when you shoot the animals from the back porch.

Here's a prediction, in the next year or two, CWD will move north of Sheridan, WY into Montana. It went accross Wyoming from south to north in the last several years and is right at the border now as I understand it.

Its not like a disease, those fence places, they were businesses supported by the state law. Michigan has a double fenced place, I've read, one to protect the animals inside and one to protect the animals outside. The idea as I understand it is to stop the spread of brucellosis back and forth, outside and inside the fenced area. Other states seem not to have that problem.

Of course...if CWD isn't stopped, it will spread everywhere. That's inevitable.

I can't help but wonder if CWD was started by these game farms due to fenced animals getting shot up with unnatural/unnecessary antibiotics, vaccines, etc...animals escaped and bred with wild animals which started this whole thing.

elk hunter, did you read the history of CWD years ago. It was first discovered in deer at a research facility where the wild deer captured for research there were in a food study. It doesn't mean it started there and it certainly had nothing to do with antibiotics or vaccines or breeding.

Don't most diseases start in the wild, like when we get the flu, isn't it supposed to be because some Asian family keeps their ducks under their huts?

elk hunter, did you read the history of CWD years ago. It was first discovered in deer at a research facility where the wild deer captured for research there were in a food study. It doesn't mean it started there...
Tom, if you were a betting man, would you go with diseased, wild deer were captured?

I think they got CWD diseased from the feed in the research facility, back then, they had bone meal for protein in it, probably they got it that way, but I don't know that I've read that, I just made it up. Wild deer could have gotten it from horse feed or cattle feed that people put out, even the feed put out at the elk refuge in the winter, etc. What do you think? Do you think CWD exists independently in the wild? Its shown up in some stange places, like it spontaneously occurs in the wild, it seems? I don't think anybody has said its a man made disease have they?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back