Oregon Antelope advice

Troutkilla

Looking to do a pronghorn hunt in Oregon next year.

I have 20 preference points, and at my age, probably won’t be able to amass another 20 in my life time so this may be my last chance for an Oregon hunt.

My question is:

Which units should I be looking at. Bear in mind that I am not as agile or have the stamina to hunt the rougher terrain units. I would consider a private land hunt if the fee is reasonable. Also, I will be hunting alone and probably will be a “hotel” based hunt.

Thank you in advance. IM response will be fine.

TK

Wow, I would have thought there would be more responses than this.

This will literally be my last big game hunt for various reasons, ( my health is fine, I’m not dieing or anything like that ) mostly personal, and I mainly fish anymore.

Just to be clear, you have 20 points going in to next year's draw, not 21 with this year's application?

You can choose any unit you want except Hart Mt. and possibly W. Beatty's Butte Early depending on point creep.

I have hunted antelope in Oregon the past two years. I will send you a PM with my opinions (which are worth exactly what you paid for them).

Thanks for the info.

I will have 20 points next year.

Had a very nice offer for a Paulina unit ranch hunt, nice results history and reasonable price.

I May go that direction, not sure yet.

Wow, I would have thought there would be more responses than this.

This will literally be my last big game hunt for various reasons, ( my health is fine, I’m not dieing or anything like that ) mostly personal, and I mainly fish anymore.
I reckon folks here prefer catch and release 🤷🏽‍♂️

In all seriousness, can’t help you with Oregon but good luck. Antelope are pretty easy and you have enough points to get a good spot.

Thanks for the info.

I will have 20 points next year.

Had a very nice offer for a Paulina unit ranch hunt, nice results history and reasonable price.

I May go that direction, not sure yet.

I’ve never been fortunate enough yet to draw but did a tag along in Paulina muzzle a few years back, good numbers of goats seen (nothing huge) and decent access to public. Good luck to you!

Well, what was the outcome? I'm sitting on 22 points and am an Oregon resident as well. I should be able to draw about any unit. I would rather chase elk with my bow but sure do like how antelope taste and I've waited a long time for this tag so I would like to put it to good use. Any advice?

Troutkilla may be out fishing. Or, like many a new members, he parachutes in here asking for help on a tag then is evacuated out to points unknown. Might just be my mind racing a bit tonight but there may be a serial killer stalking new members. Just saying. So many go silent. Like lambs, Clarice. Fava beans. Yada yada.

Sorry it just never sits right with me. Someone joining a forum that for the sole reason to extract information from its members. Never participated, never communicated or interacted with the community. Nothing.

Well, what was the outcome? I'm sitting on 22 points and am an Oregon resident as well. I should be able to draw about any unit. I would rather chase elk with my bow but sure do like how antelope taste and I've waited a long time for this tag so I would like to put it to good use. Any advice?
Ya draw your tag and take a mentored youth with you and let them shoot it. 22 points for a antelope tag is just silly

Ya draw your tag and take a mentored youth with you and let them shoot it. 22 points for a antelope tag is just silly
You can tell how excited I am about antelope hunting. I'm taking my nine year old. Looking into the mentored youth program.

Back