open for suggestion

gep50

at my back door is danail boone national forest. front door is lake cumberland all the forest you can possibly want to hunt . iam thinking about guide service using gps. the way it would work is you would call or write and for a small fee i would send a packet with pic, of tree stand .rubs ,ponds all with gps location. hotel and motels will all so be listed . out of the groups of area availibale you would pick one and that would be your to find and hunt

open for suggestion

gep50

Couple of questions. Where exactly is this? I'm not familiar with the Daniel Boone National Forest. Thinking it's probably in Kentucky? Next question...do you really hunt turkeys out of a tree stand? And last, is a license required to be a hunting guide in that area?

suggestion

i have seen guys down here hunt turkey from tree stand last spring had a flock walk under a stand on private land that i was repairing and no i should not have to have a lic. from what i have been told the forest runs through the lower eastern 2/3 of the state havey wooded. i just wounder if there is a use for it , it is good hunting( 600,00a.) gov. is selling off 4750

i dont want to profit that much i would be selling map i walk these woods probly 4 out of 7 days with gps and dig. camera it is all open to public hunting not to mention 630mi off shore line army cor. owns is open hunting
i should say we all own our tax money at work we should use it counted 39 turkeys today

Most States, And Even Idaho It's legal to "scout" for someone for a fee. I can Go out, Find a Deer, And Sell someone a Map and a picture of the Deer or hell even Rent a 4-wheeler and a Gun if They want and profit from them. What I couldn't do is take them... That would be "guiding". There is a BIG demand for that and we've actualyl thought of doing such a Service.... except I don't know were any animals are myself ... ;)

suggestion

it is not hard to find game around here on every fire trail is food plot and a pond . i have access to 3 new log home cheap a familey or hunting party can stay in i just wonder if it would work and looking for input on what a hunter would want i could have a hunting camp sit up and stocked in the woods if that what you want even with beer

So...what kind of game are we talking about here? I'm thinking it's not turkeys even though this is in the turkey forum. And you never answered my question about what state...is it Kentucky? I'm guessing you hunt whitetail deer there, right? So is your area known for trophy bucks? What is the success rate and what is the buck to doe ratio? How about posting some pictures of bucks you have killed there...

sorry it is ky and it is now becoming one of the high trophy states .we also have elk now and over bundunt of turkey just south west of somerset we have some wild bore and a little bear. which they are moving north from tn. i what iam looking is some input if it would be worth my time to try

sorry thought you would know their is only 1 trophy spices that white

gep,do not sweat about what the others post. No harm is meant by it. ;)

The deer you see at the top of the page was taken in Christian County,Kentucky. One of the heaviest(sp) turkeys was also taken in Kentucky. It weighed about 36 pounds. So there are plenty of trophy deer there. ;)
I wish you the best in your project.

thanks

i just moved down here 5 years ago and i thought the only people that hunt down here is from ohio by the way i have been working in you neck of the woods for the last 2 weeks stoped at the davis mounument tue.

sorry thought you would know their is only 1 trophy spices that white

gep50, would we get the Official "HOW to speak" like a ky native or at least a ky Translation book in your package ? :D:D

sorry got cut short on the message you being the great hunter i thought you would be able to finish the sentance if not i will finish it for you!! dear no that is not how you spell it is it ?

thanks for the help anyway!!!!

Note to self...... Don't make any jokes with the New guy from ky :D

2/3 of the state havey wooded.

2/3 of my pants is havey wooded too .................

I did help you, I think you're onto something. Tell us more about what you have to offer !! I'm still wondering about your new idea. Is this for Turkeys ? I'm only asking because I'm a turkey and I'm actually interested.

Have you made any flyers with information on this idea yet ? I'd like to read them.

thanks

sorry iam not good at typing and dont use spell checker yes answer to your question you would get topo map of the land you would hunting with pic of rubs ,scraps trails ,food plots and ponds with gps corr. or i could have the stand setup for you .yes there turkeys as well as whitetail deer. i scout 10 different layout aweek all year round . i use a mountian bike to do the scouting some plots are 2 mi. back off the road

That's OK, If you ever read my typing you'd know why that was so funny.

The best way to go about that is do it once, Take some Pictures of your success, and then post the Results. You should offer a one time free offer on the hunt on our board or a bidding proccess and then post the results of it. I'm gueessuing if it went well next year you'd be booked........

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back