Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oooops

WyoDoug

Chit....dang it......what Randy's Uncle Larry says....

Did a typo putting in for drawing and just NOW noticed I put in for area east of the highway instead of west of the highway so I can hunt on base near where I live.

Still OK, I got areas to hunt but it will be rifle instead of archery Maybe Big Granddaddy who is residing on base will travel across the highway LOL

I wouldn't bat an eye, hunted both of those units and at least now you can chase pronghorn without recycled genetics off base.

Oh there is plenty of speed goats in the area I did draw and I have spotted at least one big grand daddy where I used to hunt and someone else pointed out some state land at the north end of the area where he spotted a grand daddy. I am trying for trophy grade with the type I tag (not necessarily B&C grade) this year just to see if I can do it. I am more amused at my ignorance than frustrated because it didn't put a dent in my hunting efforts, it just deflected me to another area. My advantage now is it will be all rifle where I can take upto 300 yard shots fairly easy. I ran 200 or so bullets through my rifle since March so I am pretty confident now about taking those kind of shots.

Glad you are going to make it work out Doug. Hope you have good luck this year. I'm mental about double checking my applications for WY. As a non-resident, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I burned a bunch of points on a unit I didn't want.

I did it once in Colorado years ago. I put in for GMU 106 by mistake when I wanted GMU 107 for plains deer. I at the time had permissions for nearly 250 square miles of land to hunt on and zero permissions for 106. Both are mostly private. I had to spend time in 106 and get permisisons. They did have some BLM and public but not a whole lot and to get to some of that you had to know the boundaries and what roads you could use because many of the roads are private in that area.

They now have elk in those areas but their behavior during pressure and weather events is completely different than what you see in the mountains. My understanding is Colorado is granting limited licenses for elk now in 106/107. Don't take my word for it though because I have not verified that. I was there and got to see CPW release some elk into CRP land northeast of Limon way back in 1992.

Glad to see a local did something like this. The day before the draw, I was checking up on my submissions (way too late to even change anything) and noticed the doe unit I applied in cut their tags way back this year. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Needless to say, I didn’t draw any doe tags...

you mean when I put in for unit 91 instead of unit 90-1? Yeah ...been there.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back