Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

OnX verse Garmin

feedback

I’ve used the OnX trial and for not knowing anything about using the system I have been impressed. But I’m wondering if getting a Garmin unit would be better. First off I’m not tech savvy, and I do understand that the more you spend the more you can get. I’m looking to be using something for hunting Pronghorn, I’m looking at probably Wyoming to go to for my first out West Hunting experience. I’m reading, watching, and asking questions as much as I can before I go. Thank you for your time and God Bless.

I've got the OnX on my phone and a Garmin 650T Oregon. Since I went to the OnX system, I haven't used the Garmin and only carry it as an emergency backup.

OnX works great for me. I love it for scouting and in the field. If you are in an area with no cell service, put your phone in Airplane Mode to save your battery and the gps still works fine...

I have a Garmin and OnX. I find myself using onX way more then the Garmin. If I were you I would just do onX.

I have both. On X is the way to go in my opinion. I have not used my Garmin for several years.

I use OnX and Huntstand. Both capable great apps. Both have there +'s and -'s. I also carry the inreach explorer+ as my communicator and backup mapping.
For a Wyoming pronghorn hunt i think you can get by just fine with OnX or huntstand or basemap.

Back