Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

onX Question.

tzone

Newbie to onX here so this is probably a stupid question to most of you but...

Why don't the coordinates on onX match up with google earth?

I can pick out a tree and mark a spot on it and the coordinates differ quite a bit.

Newbie to onX here so this is probably a stupid question to most of you but...

Why don't the coordinates on onX match up with google earth?

I can pick out a tree and mark a spot on it and the coordinates differ quite a bit.

The OnX profile on here can probably answer way better then I can, but my guess would be they use different coordinate systems.

Also check to see if both are using WGS 84 for a datum system. Probably so, but check it.

Then it is a coordinate difference issue. Check that you are entering the lat/long in the same format (degrees, minutes, seconds vs degrees, decimal minutes vs decimal degrees)

This ^^^

In your settings, make sure your OnX is set to Imperial and DMS (Degrees, Minutes, Seconds), this should bring things in line for you

Also check to see if both are using WGS 84 for a datum system. Probably so, but check it.

Why I never jump fences near property boundary lines...

Deed originally used GCS NAD27
Mapped in using COGO in a state plan system in NAD 83 in county database
Data sold to OnX who publishes in WGS1984...

You are relying on competent people to convert and check the data all along the way.

Why I never jump fences near property boundary lines...

Deed originally used GCS NAD27
Mapped in using COGO in a state plan system in NAD 83 in county database
Data sold to OnX who publishes in WGS1984...

You are relying on competent people to convert and check the data all along the way.

Yep, the more you know about the data the less you try to draw a line on the ground!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back