Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

onX is hiring!

I sent this to my wife who is a customer service rockstar. She wanted to know why I sent it to her, I explained it wasn’t for her but for me. She reminded me on how much I laughed when Walter said: welcome to Walmart, get your s*^t and get out!

Cool job, probably best they don’t hire me. 😁

But whatever I'm just a stupid asshole. Last time I looked tho I'm not the one calling people names on this forum.

I doubt the stupid part, but in this case of your posts on this thread I will agree with your self-identification of being an asshole. I'm going to delete most of your posts on this thread.

You want to be an asshole, as you proclaim and as you have been on this thread, don't be surprised if you come here someday and find your password is not working. I expect some valuable discussions that result in friction among those participating and I put up with a lot of irate PMs when one side or the other is upset about those difficult, yet worthwhile, discussions. Claiming to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole doesn't meet that criteria.

If you were familiar with how onX goes about their hiring strategies you would have rethought some of your comments. They hire the best they can get, and it shows. I see that with every person in their company I interact with, from the receptionists to the programmers to the leadership. I can assure you that NO company in our industry is doing as much as onX for the cause of access.

Yet, you want to bloviate with what seems to be almost no context or background of the company, the quality of people they hire, and the demand that exists for jobs at their company.

Last edited:
I think it is great that they are reaching out to the people on this forum to see if they are willing to become a part of making OnX a successful business. It shows that they are reaching out to find knowledgeable people to keep their business a success. Not a bad idea if you ask me.

I stopped in the office in Bozeman and visited with some great guys. Touting my exchange with Yellowstone Park young employees we met on the long NezPerce, Mary Mountain, Central Plateau, Hayden Valley hike as they gritched about losing the indistinct trail and getting disoriented. I showed them our onX track, where we went off trail to skirt bogs, present elevation, time hiked, miles travelled, and the view of the trail. These savvy young hikers were impressed with this old luddite (actually more so with onX).
The onX guys liked my endorsement and gave me a cap, which my eleven-year old grandson wears in style.

If I were looking for a cool, outdoors related job, onX would be on my list.

The market determines the salary, not the company. I previously belonged to an organization that posted a secretary position for 22K/yr and had 120 applicants. Men, women, young, and old would have climbed over bodies to get that job, because of the reputation and desirability of the company.

I now work for an organization that pays 50-80% above average for both skilled and unskilled positions due to the undesirability of the workplace. Some job postings get zero applicants, and there are unfilled positions. Much of this has to do with IA currently having a historically low unemployment rate.

Thanks again, onX, and best of luck in adding a great new team member.

If you were familiar with how onX goes about their hiring strategies you would have rethought some of your comments. They hire the best they can get, and it shows. I see that with every person in their company I interact with, from the receptionists to the programmers to the leadership. I can assure you that NO company in our industry is doing as much as onX for the cause of access.

Hey Big Fin give me a good word with them and I’ll hook you up with some OnX stuff 😉
Matt

If one of these posts in about five more years I’ll be on it like a fly on pig chit.

Back