Online course

cwitherow

Can anyone recommend an online wilderness first aid course? Other online courses you’ve found useful would also be helpful. While an in-person class would be ideal, I’d like to do some online work as sort of a primer.

Depending on where you are trying to go with the certification it's worth getting one from SOLO, WMTC, or NOLS, there's a ton of local doctors or clinics that put on some sort of WFA or WFR courses, usually, these have good info and you will definitely be more prepared for emergencies in the woods, however, if you are using it as part of the prerequisites for a job or want to refresh or move up to a WEMT then the non-accredited classes are pretty worthless...

I don't think any of the providers above offer purely online classes, most require at least one day of hands-on to get a cert, it does look like CU has an online course for super cheap that would at least get you the basics if you don't need a recognized cert at the end of the class.

Depending on where you are trying to go with the certification it's worth getting one from SOLO, WMTC, or NOLS, there's a ton of local doctors or clinics that put on some sort of WFA or WFR courses, usually, these have good info and you will definitely be more prepared for emergencies in the woods, however, if you are using it as part of the prerequisites for a job or want to refresh or move up to a WEMT then the non-accredited classes are pretty worthless...

I don't think any of the providers above offer purely online classes, most require at least one day of hands-on to get a cert, it does look like CU has an online course for super cheap that would at least get you the basics if you don't need a recognized cert at the end of the class.
Not career oriented, simply for my own knowledge.

do any in-person courses allow you to skip IVs? I don't handle needles to inner elbows (giving or receiving). I could do anything else but that is my biggest issue with medical courses.

do any in-person courses allow you to skip IVs? I don't handle needles to inner elbows (giving or receiving). I could do anything else but that is my biggest issue with medical courses.
WFR level and below don't do IVs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back