Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

One piece that you have to hunt with?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I used to have a yellow check shirt that I wore for many years, and it kind of became my good luck charm. It eventually wore out and somehow became too small to wear...
qfbKqvsl.jpg

n1bS672l.jpg

13tGbWpl.jpg

sYhdaLTl.jpg

WgGp4MYl.jpg

I make sure to get up early and take care of that so my full attention is on the hunt!

I have a poncho that doesn't quite cut it. Is that the one you were issued?
Yep! It is the ACU one they issued when we did the uniform change over. I was a first time "go" checking out at CIF but there was no way they were getting Woobie back!! Freakin thieves charged me $33 for it and it was 11 years old at that point SMH On top of it just being mine, while I was i Iraq I had a haji tailor put velcro around the edge so it can seal up as a sleeping bag pretty well.

Yep! It is the ACU one they issued when we did the uniform change over. I was a first time "go" checking out at CIF but there was no way they were getting Woobie back!! Freakin thieves charged me $33 for it and it was 11 years old at that point SMH On top of it just being mine, while I was i Iraq I had a haji tailor put velcro around the edge so it can seal up as a sleeping bag pretty well.
I figured befriending someone from supply would have it's benefits! I have several nice things and a M50 mask with unopened filters. Some MI goretex was good stuff.

I gotta say the hat is a must but being a guy with two kids that seem to be growing faster than I can comprehend they have both given me a small action figure or toy to remind me of them when I'm out in the hills. I've never taken them outta my pack. Daughter gave me a miniature big bird when she was like 3 and son gave me a mini superman. Not sure why just haven't taken them out..... kinda mushy huh? Hahaha

My woobie is still old school, but it goes on every camping/hunting trip I go on. I still have my old woodland woobie from like 20 years ago LOL

I have a grey t shirt with the neck and sleeves cut out that I wear all antelope archery season. It's usually blistering hot here and if I go on a stalk I can slip on my camo over it, but it's the one thing I wear every day.

On a sentimental note, I have a pillow case my grandmom embroidered for me in 4th grade with my name on it that I take everywhere. She passed 5 years ago at age 96 and I kick myself for not being home when it happened, but she always supported me 'tromping around in the woods'. I miss her.....

I have an orange merino wool base layer that is my good luck charm.....unfortunately it is starting to resemble a fishnet stocking. It looks ridiculous, good thing it’s usually not visible. I can’t seem to part with it. Pretty sure my wife will toss it out some day, and she probably should.

I have an orange merino wool base layer that is my good luck charm.....unfortunately it is starting to resemble a fishnet stocking. It looks ridiculous, good thing it’s usually not visible. I can’t seem to part with it. Pretty sure my wife will toss it out some day, and she probably should.
Just needs a new application! Blaze piece to tie on the pack, maybe? I cut an old sleeve off and used that on my pack.

My woobie is still old school, but it goes on every camping/hunting trip I go on. I still have my old woodland woobie from like 20 years ago LOL
The woodland ones are softer for some reason and had I known the "new" ACU ones weren't as soft I would have never DX'd the old one when they made us.....

I have been wearing the same hat since October 1998. It says "luckey ranch" with a bull elk in bugle. Luckey Ranch was the name of my friends cabin in CO. He grew up in Luckey, Ohio and names the cabin after it. We went out in 1998 and the hats were bought to commemerate the trip. I shot my first elk that year and it has been on my head every time I have a gun in my hand hunting... pheasant, whitetail, antelope, elk, or mulies. Even in NM where orange is not required I wear it. IT is literally going to fall apart on my head. Electrical tape holds the back plastic strap together and the bill is barely attached anymore.

Back in 2011 in Missouri. Public land whitetail.
378438_2541326825252_92315812_n.jpg

Climbing out of the basin this past fall in New Mexico. We were camped across the canyon up on the top of that spine. The hats a bit faded now but still works!
IMG_0130.JPG

IT is literally going to fall apart on my head. Electrical tape holds the back plastic strap together and the bill is barely attached anymore.
I'm in the same boat! Mine has duct tape on the back to keep it wearable. I have a big head. So, a hat that fits well is few and far between for me.

Nice buck!

I have a black space pen for signing licenses that has somehow made it on every hunt and made it home. I had never thought about it before today but I feel like I have lost/replaced or upgraded everything else since I started hunting.

My bino pack would be the newest addition, 3 seasons in and it has been on my chest for every hunt. Everything else may shift and change from season to season but those two

Back