Caribou Gear Tarp

One month

Nut

from tonight and I will be at turkey camp. Youth season starts on April 24th and the regular season starts the 26th. I wont be going home until May 2nd.

I cant wait for the best week of the year.

The countdown is on Nut. Best wishes for you.

Good luck Nut! Ours starts in the middle of the week this year, on the traditional April 15. I have a feeling that this year will break my "dry turkey" streak, but we'll just have to see. :D

COME ON April 15th.We will be leaving the 14th for Eastern Wa and coming back on the 19th.Definately hoping to get 2 birds on this trip but 1 will be nice.My buddy is bringing his son,first time hunting so it should be fun.The only thing left for me to do is head over and hunt everything is packed.

I will be taking josh it is going to be a real challenge getting his wheel chair out to the good spots. Unless we get a 4 wheeler by then. We are trying to get the company to pay for it but we dont know if they will.

sc started march 15th and florida started that weekend, th 22 i think. i didnt get to sc yet and only got out 1 day in fla so far. i had a bird coming in but he was to close to the road and a truck turned the corner and spooked him at 70 or 75 yards.

Kraven, you guys coming to yakima or up north east, If you in yakima, were going to be camping at the bottom of milk canyon so if your in your normal spot well stop in and drink a beer.

Kirk hey man havent seen ya in a while.Hope all is well.We will be hunting the NE again this year,we'll be leaving on the 14th then coming back that Monday.We are also going to hit the Republic area that weekend.We headed down to the Goldendale area this past weekend to locate some birds for Camerons boy for the youth hunt and scored big time,found a nice 2 yr old Gobbler and about 7 Jakes and saw a bearded Hen,that is a first for me her beard was about 5 inches long.So if all goes well his boy will get his first bird.
We may hunt the Yakima birds this year if needed,let me know how ya guys do over there.Are you guys seeing many birds in there by Milk Canyon?

sounds good, ive only been up once and couldnt get back to where i wanted cause of snow. will go out this weekend and scout it out. sounds like you found some good birds in gdale. Was that on public land or private. A bearded hen huh, that would be cool to see. Good luck up north.

Yeah Kirk we were on public land down there.Cameron has seen birds in that area before but they had been logging in there recently so it took some time to find them,they sure dont like to be in all that mess thats left behind in the woods thats for sure.
You might want to check out the Dippin Vat area aswell Kirk they was in there thick during Elk season.

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out, well be up for 4 days so well check that out to. I need to get up north some year. Never been up there hunting. A lady here at work has relatives up in colville, she said just to let her know and shell hook me up. They have alot of bears up there to so i think i may go up there in the fall and try and shoot me a bear.

Kirk there are so many birds in the Colville area it is crazy.Also in the Okanogan area there is getting to be alot in there aswell.
You may try Yellow Jacket over there in the Dippen Vat and Dry Creek.Just dont shoot all the Toms in there ;) I talked to the game bio in there last season and he was saying that if the birds can make it thru this year then they should do fine.Next year will be the start of a big grasshopper hatch in that area I geuss.

Nut..In less than two weeks I'll be hunting in Kentucky and HOPEFULLY have one under my belt by this time two weeks from now... Season opens April 15th and my Canuck buddy Gator and I will be hunting the first four days...

Then April 26th I'll be in Ontario for thier opening week, and then come home here to NY for the opener May 1...

Good luck to you and the boys...It was nice to meet you and your family in Columbus....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back