One gun to do it all .25 sst (Sherman short tactical)

That with the 131gr Blackjack?
I'm assuming 100 yards.

Couple of guys i shoot benchrest with have commented that closer than 400 yards, the Blackjacks don't do that great.
Start stretching the distance though, and it's another story.
They were both shooting 25-47s.
I actually can’t even get blackjacks right now. I have 100 of them back ordered since March and I don’t expect to see them anytime soon.

These are the Berger Elite Hunter 133.

Sorry to leave you hanging. I don’t frequent these boards as much as I once did. The results have been exactly what we hoped for.
20211226_100623.jpeg
A buddy helped with load development that turned out great. Turns out that RL23 and 133 gn Berger Hybrids were the recipe with the best results.

In the first season we put it to work on 4 elk:

My bull at 153 yds. Closer than we had planned, but I wasn’t going to backup. First shot was lethal behind the shoulder, second shot for insurance.
IMG_2245.jpeg
Nash’s first elk 135 yds. 1 shot, high shoulder.1AEA60DB-4309-44A9-973E-82658922BBE5.jpeg

Hunter’s cow. 1 shot, 309 yds, high shoulder.
596DC629-80EA-472F-82FA-F859F5AAA860.jpeg

Some pics of the damage and blood trail (3 yds)

IMG_2832.jpegIMG_2846.jpeg
That is the entrance side.

My Dad and I’s forkhorn muley. 1 shot, 250 yds. Cut two ribs, interesting that the bullet did not exit.
IMG_0054.jpeg

My brother’s bull. 550 yds, 2 shots, no exit (placement was questionable).
IMG_0417.jpeg

This year we added the Omega 36M suppressor. So much better than shooting with a break. Game changer for hunting situations.
IMG_1012.jpeg
Nash was the first to go suppressed in the field with his WY antelope. 1 shot, 350 yds.
IMG_2009.jpeg

Later that week we took a neighbor kid who added another cow elk. 1 shot, frontal, no exit (fragments/petals under hide behind last rib).
IMG_2151.jpeg

Overall, it’s exactly what we wanted. 1 gun to do it all.

Man, you really should have listened to folks and had those kids shoot something that stomped em a little harder in the shoulder. Those animals would have been so much deader..

Man, you really should have listened to folks and had those kids shoot something that stomped em a little harder in the shoulder. Those animals would have been so much deader..
You beat me to the snarkiness but I’m still going to say what I thought.

Sorry to leave you hanging. I don’t frequent these boards as much as I once did. The results have been exactly what we hoped for.
View attachment 301627
A buddy helped with load development that turned out great. Turns out that RL23 and 133 gn Berger Hybrids were the recipe with the best results.

My bull at 153 yds. Closer than we had planned, but I wasn’t going to backup. First shot was lethal behind the shoulder, second shot for insurance.
View attachment 301628
Nash’s first elk 135 yds. 1 shot, high shoulder.View attachment 301629

View attachment 301630

View attachment 301632View attachment 301631

My Dad and I’s forkhorn muley. 1 shot, 250 yds. Cut two ribs, interesting that the bullet did not exit.
View attachment 301633

View attachment 301634

This year we added the Omega 36M suppressor. So much better than shooting with a break. Game changer for hunting situations.
View attachment 301635
Nash was the first to go suppressed in the field with his WY antelope. 1 shot, 350 yds.
View attachment 301636

Later that week we took a neighbor kid who added another cow elk. 1 shot, frontal, no exit (fragments/petals under hide behind last rib).
View attachment 301637

It’s a shame this wAsN’T a sIx PoInT FiVe. That surely would have made the difference.

Did you ever test out those 128gr Hammers?

View attachment 301627

View attachment 301628
Nash’s first elk 135 yds. 1 shot, high shoulder.View attachment 301629

View attachment 301630

View attachment 301632View attachment 301631

View attachment 301633

View attachment 301634

View attachment 301635
View attachment 301636

View attachment 301637

Bet those wound channels would put a lot of bigger calibers with controlled expansion bullets to shame.

You beat me to the snarkiness but I’m still going to say what I thought.

It’s a shame this wAsN’T a sIx PoInT FiVe. That surely would have made the difference.

Did you ever test out those 128gr Hammers?
Nope. My buddy who has developed loads for several 25’s said my twist probably east fast enough. What we’ve got works great for what we are doing.

Back