One Day Elk hunt....

Moosie

Grand poopa
So My "Stop Watch" Hunting Continues this Sat. Friday Night I have a Dinner Party that is Suposed to Last till around 11:30PM. It's Nov 3rd and Mrs Moosies Birthday too. No way I can Miss it.... But I'm not looking forward to the Late night.......(The party will be fun but the lack of sleep prior to the Hiking will blow !! ) Then It's 2.5 hours of Driving up to the Hunting Area And leaving on a 4AM hike. The Area we go was Hunted the Last couple days by a few Buddies of Mine and they Saw.... Guano, Nip, Nadda, nothing.....In Other wards , Jack CHIT !!!! Hopefully in the One day I have it will be Different.

Wylee has First Shooting rights so My odds will be Near non this year. As long as Wylee pulls an Elk I'll be happy though !!! That being said, I'm not called the Lucky man for nuthin' ;)

5 more work days and GAME ON !!!!

Well Papa Moosie...DUDE you have a chitload of energy! You actualy do have a "life schedule" that would kill the average man.hump :)

I never knew there was such a thing as a "dinner party" during october and november.

Moosie,
You will be alright, give a call if you need help packing your elk out, and I will bring up some of mi hermanos. For just a little dinero, we can make you one day much easier on you.

You got the storms maybe helping you, the elk were quite a bit lower this past weekend compared to the 15th. I think you will be ok.

We have been cutting lots of wolf tracks and hearing them, so that is pretty cool even if you don't see your elk, you can enjoy the wolves.

Well.. Our dinner party Ended 1/2 Hour Ago.. Pictures Tomorrow...... It Ws pretty fun !!!!

Grabbed the Game bags (Why I don't know ?!?!?!! Theres no Stinking Elk anyways) and lined all my cloths up. I bought some New Boots today. I don't know what I have more of now.. BOOTs or Backpacks ;)

I wake up at 2AM.. Chit thats in 1.5 hours. And get my Neighbors son Rhet at 2:25AM. He was the one with the Antelope. Long stoty short his Dad , My work partner, is in Lowman And I'm meeting him there at 4:30 AM.

Yah......... Sleep next month !!!!!! Crap I'm tiered.... Glad it's only a short hike in :rolleyes:

TheTone said:
Back so soon, hmmm...

The Title Said ONE Day ELK HUNT :D :D

Let me go Dig out the Camera and pull the Pictures off of it soon.. And I'll get a Story Written up. It was Raining ALOT so I didn't take the Usualy 100 pictures of the days events, Although I should have. I will have to Say 2 Elk did hit the Ground and I helped haul 2 elk out on 2 seperate Kills 2 miles apart.

I will also not leave you in "wonder" and let you know I (personally) did not kill an Elk, but happily so by my choice, But it was an AWESOME day for me an the Compadre's that did.

tell the compradres congrats---next year if you're not to expensive maybe I'll hire you for a day or two!!!! I'll even bring my own stop watch.....chris

I thought I would steel a little of Moosie's thunder and tell part of the story before he could. I only post about 3 or 4 times a year but I visit often to check on the latest photos and stories. Moosie brought my son (Rhet) up to meet me so I could take him elk hunting on the last saturday of the season. I had been up in northern Idaho hunting deer and didnt want to make the extra 5 hour drive to go home and then back up to hunt elk. Rhet and I went hunting in the same place that he has taken his bull the last two years (4 point and a 5x6) and Moosie and friends hunted about 2 miles away. We had gone about 3/4 of the way to the spot where he had killed the other bulls and ran into a lone bull accross the canyon. after a few long luck shots he was able to harvest his bigest bull yet. He is 16 and has killed 3 bulls and each one has been biger than the last. cant wait to see what next year brings.
rhetselk001.jpg

Moosie will have to tell "the rest of the story"

DEADI270 said:
I thought I would steel a little of Moosie's thunder and tell part of the story before he could.

Hey, it's your son. Who's stealing whose thunder?;) Congrats to Rhet on another great bull.

still no story by Moosie???? well then, he might actually be working at work....go figure.:)

AWSOME bull rhet...look forward to seeing what you do with it

Wow! Nice Bull!!! CONGRATS!

How was the deer hunting up north? We are leaving this weekend for a week hunt. Last year we all tagged out, but this year I will shoot something with horns! :)

My northern Idaho hunt didnt work out like it was suposed to and I was not able to hunt where I had planed, so I didnt get anything. I have to say I only hunted for a day and a half so it was not a real good effort.

Back