Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

One and Done States/Species?

My research has not indicated that in UT. The only option I saw was late muzzleloader hunts. Still I'm tempted to burn them. I've encouraged my 80 year old father to do that.

But given my random luck, I still kinda hold out a chance that I might draw a marquee, or blue chip tier hunt some year....
Neither did mine, lol. But Greenhorn’s comment will keep me drinking the Kool-Aid until the year after I burn my deer points. Then I’ll have to get serious.

I decided it wasn't worth it to put in for hunts like that. Let my WA, CO & WY moose points go to waste. I really wanted to get a moose out West but the odds of me ever getting a tag just aren't worth the $300+ every year. I figured I would rather save the $300 each year and when I am older pay for a guided moose hunt instead.

I decided it wasn't worth it to put in for hunts like that. Let my WA, CO & WY moose points go to waste. I really wanted to get a moose out West but the odds of me ever getting a tag just aren't worth the $300+ every year. I figured I would rather save the $300 each year and when I am older pay for a guided moose hunt instead.
Good decision. Money well saved for a New Foundland or Alaska hunt in the future. Heck, even a lesser tier Ontario hunt would be a better value.

Funny thing for me, Mountain goats. I thought it was going to be a one and done hunt for me, but after the first time I climbed up a mountain into goat county and let that first arrow go at a big Billy, I couldn’t stop thinking about doing it again and again. I have no desire to hunt goats in the lower 48 but I keep coming up with places I want to chase them in Alaska, BC and I even have plans for the Yukon.
Seems like the more I explore and experience the more things I want to keep doing bowhunting and outdoors.

Another thing I thought was a one and done was catching a big colored up buck Atlantic Salmon on a fly rod. I got lucky and filled that dream and honestly I been wanting to experience it again at other places in NA. Labrador and Northern Quebec are on my too do list and buddy and I promised to discuss it together while we fish in Alaska this year. I am going to make that happen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back