Once In a Lifetime

Thumbs up all the way around.....landowners, NoDak POTSland, @Flatrock, wife/kids/work flexibility, skidsteers, good shooting and an entertaining way of telling your tale @Schism

PS: Love the glassing knob photo! I could use something like that in the flatlands of Kansas this deer season

Thank you all for the kind words. I have much respect for the members of this site and the fact that so many have read and chimed in on my thread means a lot. I'm glad I was able to share the story of my hunt with you all.

If anyone has any moose recipes they're willing to share I'd love to see them.

Thank you all for the kind words. I have much respect for the members of this site and the fact that so many have read and chimed in on my thread means a lot. I'm glad I was able to share the story of my hunt with you all.

I will drive to ND and pick up a quarter to do recipes for you. Lol. Congratulations on the hunt!

Reading this was like watching a suspense thriller. I heard myself say “you’re killing me here, Smalls”!😂
Check out the recipe on the side of the Montreal Steak container. Really tasty on rare grilled steaks!

So happy for you to finish with such a great bull. I was starting to stress out reading your archery hunt and the bulls moving far and private property etc.....Sometimes its best to kill the beast first light first day or else regret it as the season transpires, but you made it happen AND got to savor the flavor of a long hunt. Priceless!!!

Where was I when you were writing up this story?

Well, I'm sure glad I found it. This was great. I'll bet he eats well too. I love moose steaks.

Somehow I had not seen this thread before and just read through the whole thing - what a great hunt and making the most out of a once-in-a-lifetime tag. Thanks for sharing the write-up and the photos. That bull is certainly worthy of your OIL tag, congratulations!!!

Outstanding sportsmanship. Congrats

If you can get a clean cut of steak and do tar tar with a little citrus juice (lime) and cilantro and have some dry spices on the side do little dips with the meat. Also get some jalapeño jelly and fry the heart do some sweet and spicy fajitas.

I somehow missed this thread while spending a few weeks out west. Huge congrats!

I found a favorite with my moose that I’m enjoying a lot. Search for “eat barbecue” its a seasoning brand I got off Amazon after a buddy gave me some. There’s a white bottle and a black one. Mix 50:50 and coat both sides of the steak and let sit 15-20 min and cook medium rare. Hot dang is that good. My kids eat it like nothing else.

Right on man, congrats. Moose is my "dream hunt" and I hope to draw a tag someday in MT or otherwise.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back