MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Once In A Lifetime Stud Buck

shrapnel

I got a nice double rifle in Cody last summer and spent a lot of time regulating it. Getting a double rifle to put bullets from 2 different barrels in the same spot takes time. The rifle is a nice old British hammer gun, and I had decent success with the regulation.

We went hunting for deer, nice deer, but I sure didn’t expect one this nice...

FC107ECA-CD87-4ECC-8804-B15F723E85D1.jpeg

D6FD16A3-9A64-4CF5-9BCA-B69422E9CAD7.jpeg

4B7DC2D2-8BB0-4932-BF9B-ED72036F32DA.jpeg

That’s a nice looking rifle how long are those barrels

You must be right around 9,000 feet, right? Everyone knows deer start to turn into elk around that elevation. Truly once in a lifetime - nice work!

There is a youtube video of Ivan Carter shooting an actual elk with a double rifle. I suspect not too many North American game animals are taken with such firearms.

There is a youtube video of Ivan Carter shooting an actual elk with a double rifle. I suspect not too many North American game animals are taken with such firearms.
He used to call me about reloading for those guns and how to make them shoot. Of course I helped him with that and gave him a few pointers about guiding clients...

I got a nice double rifle in Cody last summer and spent a lot of time regulating it. Getting a double rifle to put bullets from 2 different barrels in the same spot takes time. The rifle is a nice old British hammer gun, and I had decent success with the regulation.

We went hunting for deer, nice deer, but I sure didn’t expect one this nice...

View attachment 160567

View attachment 160566

View attachment 160564
Wow! That's gotta be over 200"!

Great post.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back