On the right track for Wyoming?

wolfpup

Just wanted a little reassurance here! I just bought my first point in Wyoming ( I am a Colorado resident ) and my plan is to get a point per year with the idea to hunt in 3 or so years. I will hunt CO each year but I want to experience Wyoming public land hunts. I love pronghorn meat over any other venison! Does that sound reasonable or am I missing something? When I do go I want to get the best bang for my buck so I plan to get a buck tag in the draw then a add on for tag. Sound like a good plan?

Yep! You might try to decide what unit you want to put in for your buck tag and see if you can get some doe tags for a year or two and do some on the ground scouting for a year or two before you put in for the draw for a buck tag.

Since you live in CO and wy ain't far you should spend some time in eastern wy and try to find a rancher that will let you hunt there every year. Tags are easy in those parts and if you found one you would be Set for a long time, might cost few $ or couple weekends of labor but way better than building points and hunting every 4 or so years. If your plan is sticky public your right on track now.

C

I like both those ideas .. I do hunt every year on my grandpas land in eastern CO but the buck tags can't be drawn every year. I just want to make a good trip out of it on one of those years I don't get any tags in CO. Looking at this a more of an ace up my sleeve.

Sounds like a plan. You could make that hunt on a long weekend from where you're at, so you should plan on every year.

Your on the right track. I will second the doe tag idea. Everyone wants a buck of course but does are more fun to hunt in my opinion.

You can get 2 doe tags so go that route. SE Wyoming usually has some left over doe tags that allow you to get up to 4 tags total after the draw. You should be able to find a rancher that will let you hunt antelope but we make do without private access every year. Also some great antelope hunting in the Shirley Basin units.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back